Guarantee price drop question

Sand_Sun_Sea73

Hello. We are booked for our first Holland America cruise on the Eurodam in November. We've only cruised Royal Caribbean in the past, but decided to give HAL a try since this is also our first trip sans kids. And, a much better itinerary than anything available on Royal in my opinion.

Just booked a few weeks back (so after final payment was due) in a VH guarantee for $699.00. Unbelievable price :eek: Now onto my question, I've noticed today that the guarantee price for a VH has dropped to $599. Is it possible to call and get OBC for the price difference? I know another option might be to just upgrade our guarantee cabin choice (from a VH to a VF or VE perhaps?) But the prices haven't changed on any of higher cabin categories - only VH? So do I have any options here?

Hello. We are booked for our first Holland America cruise on the Eurodam in November. We've only cruised Royal Caribbean in the past, but decided to give HAL a try since this is also our first trip sans kids. And, a much better itinerary than anything available on Royal in my opinion.

Just booked a few weeks back (so after final payment was due) in a VH guarantee for $699.00. Unbelievable price :eek: Now onto my question, I've noticed today that the guarantee price for a VH has dropped to $599. Is it possible to call and get OBC for the price difference? I know another option might be to just upgrade our guarantee cabin choice (from a VH to a VF or VE perhaps?) But the prices haven't changed on any of higher cabin categories - only VH? So do I have any options here?

Generally once the final payment has been made you do not have the option of going to the lower price. Hey at that price you got quite a deal. We were on the Eurodam last December and loved the ship and the ports.

Generally once the final payment has been made you do not have the option of going to the lower price. Hey at that price you got quite a deal. We were on the Eurodam last December and loved the ship and the ports.

This is true. Maybe if I stick with the $699 I'll get an upgrade before someone that books at $599? Wishful thinking anyway :D

This is true. Maybe if I stick with the $699 I'll get an upgrade before someone that books at $599? Wishful thinking anyway :D

Good luck I hope it happen. When we were on there I don't remember what category of room we booked but got upgraded to an SS category - really spoiled us.

Archived