Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Whoa!! Just returned from being away all week at a conference and had to get my fix!!:p Just WONDERFUL pictures of the ship - thanks so much Mike! I leave on the Freedom in less than two months and really can not stop thinking about it!! Your pictures are just the excuse I need to really indulge! Thanks!:D

Whoa!! Just returned from being away all week at a conference and had to get my fix!!:p Just WONDERFUL pictures of the ship - thanks so much Mike! I leave on the Freedom in less than two months and really can not stop thinking about it!! Your pictures are just the excuse I need to really indulge! Thanks!:D

Thank you enymarsh

Access to the beach is free, the Royal Palm Beach Club has bar and food service, chair rentals, bathrooms and changing facilities. Tracy stated that it was the nicest beach she had ever visited.

132_132.jpg

If you find beutiful, free beaches appealing, may I respectfully suggest Bermuda, paricucularly for a family vacation.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68285

Once back to the pier we did a bit of shopping. We returned to the large duty free liquor shop that we had visited last week. Initially we had found that the prices were high, compared to onboard the ship and other ports, but this time we were directed to a section for ship’s guests only.

We ended up buying 1 liter of Smirnoff Vodka, one liter of Irish Mist liqueur, 1 liter of

Tortuga Spiced Rum and received a 750 ml bottle of Tortuga Banana rum free. (Buy 3 get one free). All for $33 U.S. We pay more than that for one liter back home.

149_149.jpg

150_150.jpg

View of Carnival Freedom and Grandeur of the Sea from the pier.

151_151.jpg

152_152.jpg

153_153.jpg

I was thinking a "blog" might be a good step for Mike...

he could have his blog and put the link in the sig,

move all his posts there *(have seen others do this, the gal with sunglasses and umbrella drinks does this)

that would be neat..I think many of us want to follow this saga on

Hey Mike...some of us (me) would love to see a pic of you in your Mounties Uniform...very dashing I am sure !! Thanks again

also...about scanning in the fun times...I bet your teens have a friend/s with a scanner or access to one don't they?? I think kids are so tech savvy and I am sure they could do Dad a favor and scan in the fun times of the FOUR CRUISES THEIR PARENTS TOOK THEM ON HAHA

Sorry it took so long, I chose these photos for two reasons, they are my favourites and second, it shows us the first time we exchanged our vows.

scan0001-1-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

Fun times coming soon as requested

We got back to the ship at approximately 2:30 p.m. Had a very small snack on the Lido Deck since we were dining in the Sun King Steakhouse that night at 6:00 p.m.

When we first got onboard, Deck 0, I snuck a photo of the crew's corridor.

155_155.jpg

We then played a couple of rounds of mini golf. It was funny to watch Rosemary play, after striking the ball once to start the hole, on the next shot she would use her putter like a hockey stick, pushing and guiding the ball into the hole. We gave up trying to correct her and just watched in amusement as she completed each hole.

156_156.jpg

157_157.jpg

The view from where we played mini golf. Sun Deck (12)

Cruising2010417-1.jpg

Cruising2010416.jpg

Grandeur of the Sea

Cruising2010415-1.jpg

Sorry it took so long, I chose these photos for two reasons, they are my favourites and second, it shows us the first time we exchanged our vows.

scan0001-1-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

Fun times coming soon as requested

Great pics you do the Mounties proud wearing that uniform.. and your wife looked gorgeous as well:)

Spa pool (combination pool & whirlpool)

Cruising2010327.jpg

Could you tell me if they had this area on the valor? It was my favorite "hiding" place on the Freedom. People do not know its located there. The hot tub is sooo nice compared to the ones out on the deck by the pools.

I know they took out the ones on the Fantasy class. Would love to know its on the Valor too.

Mike....I've been reading your reviews in bits and pieces over the past week and a half. I've been quite sick with food poisoning from a road trip after our cruise. Just about got that conquered, and now a severe bladder infection from the food poisoning bit! So, I've been coming back to read only your review, a little at a time. Finally caught up to you tonight! I've loved every minute of your writings and photos, as everyone else has! I admire your commitment to finishing such a long review. Husband and I just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary while sailing on the Legend. We plan on our first B2B next year. You have a beautiful family, and what a romantic fairytale story this is! Also, I think Tracy looks a lot like Olivia Newton John in her wedding photo - and you her Prince Charming. Many more years of happiness to you both. You two are definately soul mates. Thanks again for the great reviews. Looking forward to the ending! Thanks for all the good reading :D

I love the deck zero photo. We went on the Carnival Dream (western Caribbean...loved Roatan!) while on the Dream we did the behind the scenes tour. My hubby turned 50 in Sept so the Behind the scenes tour was for his birthday present. We were all up and down deck 0 and even below that...it was truely amazing.

Could you tell me if they had this area on the valor? It was my favorite "hiding" place on the Freedom. People do not know its located there. The hot tub is sooo nice compared to the ones out on the deck by the pools.

I know they took out the ones on the Fantasy class. Would love to know its on the Valor too.

No, Valor did not have one like the one on Freedom. Not sure if they might have it somewhere else in the spa area.

Mike....I've been reading your reviews in bits and pieces over the past week and a half. I've been quite sick with food poisoning from a road trip after our cruise. Just about got that conquered, and now a severe bladder infection from the food poisoning bit!

That's a bummer, hope you fell better soon.

So, I've been coming back to read only your review, a little at a time. Finally caught up to you tonight! I've loved every minute of your writings and photos, as everyone else has! I admire your commitment to finishing such a long review. Husband and I just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary while sailing on the Legend. We plan on our first B2B next year. You have a beautiful family, and what a romantic fairytale story this is! Also, I think Tracy looks a lot like Olivia Newton John in her wedding photo - and you her Prince Charming. Many more years of happiness to you both. You two are definately soul mates. Thanks again for the great reviews. Looking forward to the ending! Thanks for all the good reading :D

Thank you, Dawn, it's people like you that makes it worthwhile to write a review on CC.

Beautiful wedding photos Mike. You & Tracy are quite an inspiration to what marriage is all about. Togetherness, family, support & most of all, love. I wish all those young couples 1st starting out together on their journey could read what you have written so far.