Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

I have been following your review from the very beginning, but only now have gathered courage to comment. This must be the most awesome review I have read! I can't believe how blessed you must be to be able to organise such a wonderful vacation for your family. Your wife and kids are lucky to have you. Although we are only waiting for our first cruise, I can't but admire the wealth of information that you have shared with us. And yes, I have one teen and one tween (both girls), and I can only imagine what it will be in a few years!

Mike:

I have spent many hours reading your review! The freedom part has made me more exicted about our up and coming cruise!

What side of the ship were you on when you left port? We have a balcony cabin on port side and hoping we will get to see the best sights from our balcony! I am so glad your DD had a good time ,we are taking our 16 year old DD with us and she is hoping to have a blast!

You have a beautiful family, I hope the time Tracy is in training goes by quickly for both of you while you are apart...just remember to cherish and make the most the most of the time you have together before she leaves! Your children are very lucky to have parents that truly care for each other ,it is a rare thing in these times!

Friday, Sept 10th : Sea day

The last day, all good things must come to an end. The first thing we did was get breakfast on the Lido Deck followed by packing our suitcases, one last time.

After lunch in the Posh Dining Room we attended the Victoriana Lounge for the Turbo

Trivia Game. We got there a bit late so we didn’t get to participate, but it was still fun watching and playing along anyway.

After the game Peter and I went to the Future Cruise Desk and purchased two future cruise certificates each, with the hope that we would be using them soon enough.

We returned to the Victoriana Lounge to meet up with Tracy and Rosemary for the ‘Game of Love’. Ryan the cruise director had begun by picking a newlywed couple followed by a couple in the 20 year range and finally the oldest married couple.

We were hoping that Tracy and I would get picked because it looks like a lot of fun, but instead Peter and Rosemary were chosen for being the oldest married couple with 43 years of marriage. No doubt there were couples in the lounge with more years of marriage but obviously they choose to keep quiet.

The game began with each couple sitting back to back and they were not allowed to turn and look at each other. Ryan asked a series of ten question for which they answered by writing it on a pad of paper. After he was done with the ten questions, he instructed the audience to decide with cheers if the couple’s answers matched for a point.

Well as always the game was hilarious, especially with Peter and Rosemary participating in the game. One of the questions that got quite a roar from the crowd was " Whoopie hasn’t been the same since...." . Rosemary’s answer was in her parents hallway while Peter’s answer was at the bus stop".

In the end, all the couples were rewarded with a bottle of champagne and the prestigious ship on a stick.

Cruising2010491.jpg

Cruising2010492.jpg

Cruising2010493.jpg

Cruising2010494.jpg

Cruising2010495.jpg

Cruising2010496.jpg

I spent most of yesterday whiling away the hours at work reading this LONG but GREAT thread- I feel like I know you all and it was great to spend your vacation with you from my chair...thanks for sharing, congrats to both of you and thank you for doing such an intensive review. Good luck to her with the upcoming training! I am currently trying to talk my group into a Freedom cruise next Spring Break..these pics will help!

Thanks again!!

:D

Lisa

Thank you Lisa

I have been following your review from the very beginning, but only now have gathered courage to comment. This must be the most awesome review I have read! I can't believe how blessed you must be to be able to organise such a wonderful vacation for your family. Your wife and kids are lucky to have you. Although we are only waiting for our first cruise, I can't but admire the wealth of information that you have shared with us. And yes, I have one teen and one tween (both girls), and I can only imagine what it will be in a few years!

Thank you colsbom, enjoy your cruise on Liberty. I bet it will be nice to get away from the cold weather which is similar to ours, especially in January.

Mike:

I have spent many hours reading your review! The freedom part has made me more exicted about our up and coming cruise!

What side of the ship were you on when you left port? We have a balcony cabin on port side and hoping we will get to see the best sights from our balcony! I am so glad your DD had a good time ,we are taking our 16 year old DD with us and she is hoping to have a blast!

You have a beautiful family, I hope the time Tracy is in training goes by quickly for both of you while you are apart...just remember to cherish and make the most the most of the time you have together before she leaves! Your children are very lucky to have parents that truly care for each other ,it is a rare thing in these times!

Thank you hobbyhrs97, our cabins were starbaord side and most of my photos were taken from port side from one of the upper decks, as we were leaving the port, so your all set. Enjoy your cruise.

The "Game of Love" pics are fantastic! As I scrolled down through them it was like watching a movie. The pic of Grampy by himself laughing is priceless! When I saw frame after frame of them kissing it again brought tears to my eyes.

Another poster stated how you have affected all of us. So true! My goal is to have as many "Mike and Tracy" moments as possible with my DH on all our future cruises. You have set a wonderful example and will be remembered for a long time to come.

A thousand thank yous for all your time and effort on this review. I know it's been a sacrifice for you and your family. Thank you for letting us be so greedy and needy of your time. You obviously hit a nerve and have created something wonderful with this review.

I will be looking out for anything else posted by you. Enjoy the Pride in January she's an awesome ship.

Edited by YB Nrml

I'm sort of like everyone else here when I say, this has to be hands down the BEST cruise review EVER!! I've seen those by some of the CC Hosts and other lengthy reviews, but I must say when family is involved it's just a little bit more personal than traveling with other cruisers you've sailed with.

Over the course of the month that you guys cruised, you can vividly see how Mitchel came out of his shell, Arielle, is soooo pretty and if Lindsay Lohan wasn't such a wreck, I'd say she does favor her.

Without a doubt, Peter & Rosemary are just as loving together as you and Tracy, which speaks volumes for your family as a whole. I'm so glad that I was a part of re-living your cruise experience, which has many of us envious!! I'll say that's envy in a good way. Like you, I'm amazed at how many of us have attached ourselves to your family through pictures, and being able to see how valuable being with family and enjoying each other is, giving many of us ideas that we will probably use going forth.

Seeing the love that you all possess for one another has made following this thread all the more worth it!! This has truly taken cruise reviews to another level and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Fantastic review Mike and Tracey. You clearly had a wonderful experience. Congratulations to you both on renewing your vows.I'm so envious.

Thanks for sharing with us.:)

Thank you very much mildew1951. I must say I'm quite envious of your cruise history. I'm also curious as to why you are on a Carnival Forum, are you thinking of adding a Carnival cruise to your cruise history? :)

As usual we had a first class meal in the dining room, they had some of my favorites,

for starters I had (2) New England Lobster and Crab Cakes (so good) and Caesar Salad, then Panko Crusted Jumbo Shrimps (love anything with shrimps) and for dessert (2) Grand Marnier Souffles, with ice cream on the side. Tracy also had the crab cake, BBQ ribs and Cappuccino Pie.

We rewarded Dennis, Cesar, Carlo and our bar waiter Parthama for their excellent service and returned to our cabin to do the same for Raymond, our cabin steward.

We finished packing. Poured the remainder of the wine, then sat on the balcony for one last sunset over water.

Cruising2010388.jpg

Cruising2010389.jpg

Cruising2010390.jpg

Cruising2010391.jpg

Cruising2010392.jpg

For our evening entertainment we went to the Victoriana Lounge for ‘Showcase of Stars’ starring ‘ You! You! & You!’. Similar to the show ‘Carnival Legends’ on the Valor.

Auditions were held for anyone over the age of 16 the day before and the most talented were chosen to perform in front of their fellow guests. Each person performed one song accompanied by the Freedom Orchestra.

The talent was actually better than on the Valor but what was missing was the costumes, wigs and Big Tex. Even tho ‘Carnival Legends’ was more entertaining, this show was well worth it.

Goodnight

Cruising2010490.jpg

Next: Disembarkment.

Coming soon: Fun Times for all four cruises

The "Game of Love" pics are fantastic! As I scrolled down through them it was like watching a movie. The pic of Grampy by himself laughing is priceless! When I saw frame after frame of them kissing it again brought tears to my eyes.

Another poster stated how you have affected all of us. So true! My goal is to have as many "Mike and Tracy" moments as possible with my DH on all our future cruises. You have set a wonderful example and will be remembered for a long time to come.

A thousand thank yous for all your time and effort on this review. I know it's been a sacrifice for you and your family. Thank you for letting us be so greedy and needy of your time. You obviously hit a nerve and have created something wonderful with this review.

I will be looking out for anything else posted by you. Enjoy the Pride in January she's an awesome ship.

Thank you for the above and all the other nice comments you have posted. Mike

Mike, I absolutely loved all of your posts and pictures. This is hands down the best review ever.

You have an amazing family and have given them memories for a lifetime. Can't wait till you cruise again to read another "Excellent Adventure".;)

Thanks so much for keeping me entertained for several weeks.

Saturday, Sept 11th

I got up at 6:30 a.m, hoping to get photos of us coming into port. I was too late, however I did take a couple of photos of Oasis of the sea.

Cruising2010503-1.jpg

Cruising2010505-1.jpg

We had breakfast in the Posh Dining Room and eventually disembarked at 8:45 a.m. This time Peter and Rosemary had no problems getting through custom. In other words, no fingerprints, like in Miami.

We collected our luggage, called SAS shuttles for Nanny and Grampy since they were going back to Miami for a few days before returning to Britain. I was able to get them a room at the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina through Priceline for $66.50 a night, taxes included.

The shuttle was very prompt as usual, arriving within 15 minutes of our call. We said our goodbyes and we took a taxi to the FFL airport. Cost $15.75, plus tip.

We flew with Jetblue to Boston and stayed at the Staybridge Suite in Andover, the same hotel we stayed in at the beginning of our vacation. Priceline, $57.56, taxes included.

Flying over Oasis of the sea & Carnival Freedom

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

001.jpg

Sunday, Sept 12th

With only a 5.5 hour drive ahead of us, we took our time driving home. We stopped in Bangor, Maine to pick up some school supplies for the kids. We also purchased a few colder weather outfits since we would be putting away our short sleeve shirts and shorts soon enough.

We were back home in Canada at about 9:30 p.m. The kids had school the next day, Tracy and I were fortunate enough to have a couple of days off before we had to return to work.

There you have it, 30 days away, 4 cruises and 21 days at sea. It all adds up to our best vacation ever.

I started this review 29 days ago and I’m not quite done yet, as promised I will be posting the Fun Times for each ship starting with Destiny tomorrow. It might take me several days to post all 4 Fun Times, scanning documents is a slow process, each Fun Time day is actually 5 to 6 scans.

I have throughly enjoyed writing this review and I want to thank everyone that has viewed my thread and especially everyone who has posted a response. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to provide an answer if possible.

Mike & Tracy

• Like 2

I'm sort of like everyone else here when I say, this has to be hands down the BEST cruise review EVER!! I've seen those by some of the CC Hosts and other lengthy reviews, but I must say when family is involved it's just a little bit more personal than traveling with other cruisers you've sailed with.

Over the course of the month that you guys cruised, you can vividly see how Mitchel came out of his shell, Arielle, is soooo pretty and if Lindsay Lohan wasn't such a wreck, I'd say she does favor her.

Without a doubt, Peter & Rosemary are just as loving together as you and Tracy, which speaks volumes for your family as a whole. I'm so glad that I was a part of re-living your cruise experience, which has many of us envious!! I'll say that's envy in a good way. Like you, I'm amazed at how many of us have attached ourselves to your family through pictures, and being able to see how valuable being with family and enjoying each other is, giving many of us ideas that we will probably use going forth.

Seeing the love that you all possess for one another has made following this thread all the more worth it!! This has truly taken cruise reviews to another level and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I don’t know what to say anymore it’s all been overwhelming. I guess all I can keep saying is thank you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, say it's not over. Mike, what are we going to do without your review. I feel like I'm now apart of your family after having been reading this.

Thank you 99Cruise, It's been a blast but that's all I got. :D