Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Wow! This has been a fabulous review!! I would love to go on multiple back to back's but that may be a long way down the road! Mike, your family is beautiful! You and Tracy have 2 wonderful and beautiful kids!

I can't wait to go Freedom in Feb.

What did your kids think of the whole month long vacation? Did they get tired of it? Did they see anyone else on any other cruises or no?

Edited by Mrs.C05

Thanks for sharing your fabulous vacation with us! I can only imagine what a wonderful time you had, but judging by your pictures, it was great. We will be taking our first cruise in May and I can hardly wait. I started reading this thread tonight and it took me the majority of the night to get through it but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks NewCruiser11, have a wonderful first cruise on Carnival Glory. Mike

Have you ever thought of being a travel agent? All those trips sound great!

If it meant I could cruise more often, it would be so bad. :D

I see you have a nice cruise coming up on Carnival Glory. Very nice itinerary.:)

Mike,

Your review has robbed me of several hours of my time that my husband says could have been used more productivly, but I have loved every minute of it. I want to thank you for all of the time you have put into making this the best review I have read on here to date! You have a beautiful family. Thank you again for taking me on your trip with you! This has made me even more excited for my week that is coming up!:D

Thank you ccruise54, OMG I would be excited too, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Hi Mike,

I noticed you're still working on getting your "Fun Times" posted. I was just looking through another review where someone took pictures of the pages of their "Fun Times" and posted the pictures. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I just tried taking a picture of the "Fun Times" from our Carnival Glory cruise this past May. It came out ok, not great, but I was still able to make out the wording. I'll attach the picture I took so you can see it. I also use Photobucket, but for some reason when I edit some of my pictures to size, my only choices are "small" and "tiny". If I use "other options" to manually resize to make this one larger, it becomes blurry. I hope this helps though.

IMG_0705.jpg

Thank you pghsteelerfan, as a last resort I could photographs them but I haven't given up yet on posting them the proper way.

I decided to join photobucket, but had many sizing issues and dislike it and freezing issues. Have gone back to using free webshots without a hitch-just preview photo-select size usually 600 for large docs like Fun Times. Give it a try photographing and a sample on webshots.

I have tried webshot, no luck. The problem I now have is that I have the Fun Times on Adobe Reader. I inserted copies on my desktop, my pictures, my documents and several other places but when I tried to download them with Photo Bucket or Webshot they are not there like they do not exist. ???

Wow! This has been a fabulous review!! I would love to go on multiple back to back's but that may be a long way down the road! Mike, your family is beautiful! You and Tracy have 2 wonderful and beautiful kids!

I can't wait to go Freedom in Feb.

What did your kids think of the whole month long vacation? Did they get tired of it? Did they see anyone else on any other cruises or no?

Thank you Mrs.CO5.

The kids absolutely love cruising. They met a lot of new friends that they are keeping in touch with. I don't think they got tired of it but they were happy to see their friends back home.

Have a wonderful cruise on Freedom. Mike

Hi Mike....if you could possibly send me those pdf files <grin> I would be ever so grateful

I cruise on Destiny on Thurs...(keeping my fingers crossed we don't have propulsion problems)

and I sail on Imagination on Friday

my email is estymeetup at aol dot com

I also am "pretty" adept at puter stuff and have friends who are better so perhaps we can figure a way to put them up?? I think there are some sites with file share/view capacity that might be able to handle the pdf files better than photobucket which really is for jpg and other "photo"/graphic files

Either way, thanks for your efforts

Dear Mikey...I so appreciate your efforts on the Fun Times...

I think I have the "solution" here <grin>

http://www.4share.com

kind person, GeneHunter sent me the pdf of the Destiny Fun times in an email

I want to share it so I searched and found a free site to "host" pdf files

(Photobucket etc not really made for that)

this is the link for the Destiny Sept 30 Funtimes so kindly shared by GeneHunter

http://www.4shared.com/document/nFKByKna/Destiny_Sep_30_CC1.html

the site is www.4shared.com

I was able to create an account and easily upload this as 4share is meant for pdf files (Photobucket etc are not )

It was very very simple to do

create an account free in minutes...upload a pdf file from your harddrive

click the option to make that file shared/visable to others

it creates a link to your file (highlight the item and see the link)

you can then post your link here

the other cool thing....we can "search" the site for words (fun times is hard) but Carnival, Liberty, Destiny, Imagination etc ...can search

as long as people make them "shared" or visable to others...

this is a great way to put the fun times up there

Mikey you can create your own account and upload them...

or you can feel free to email them to me and I would be happy to upload them for you and share the links...thanks so much for your efforts

the key to this is that pdf files just don't "work" right on flicker/Photobucket

they work great on "4share"

PS....now I can't wait to see all your other Fun Times !! Thanks

Dear Mikey...I so appreciate your efforts on the Fun Times...

I think I have the "solution" here <grin>

http://www.4share.com

kind person, GeneHunter sent me the pdf of the Destiny Fun times in an email

I want to share it so I searched and found a free site to "host" pdf files

(Photobucket etc not really made for that)

this is the link for the Destiny Sept 30 Funtimes so kindly shared by GeneHunter

http://www.4shared.com/document/nFKByKna/Destiny_Sep_30_CC1.html

the site is www.4shared.com

I was able to create an account and easily upload this as 4share is meant for pdf files (Photobucket etc are not )

It was very very simple to do

create an account free in minutes...upload a pdf file from your harddrive

click the option to make that file shared/visable to others

it creates a link to your file (highlight the item and see the link)

you can then post your link here

the other cool thing....we can "search" the site for words (fun times is hard) but Carnival, Liberty, Destiny, Imagination etc ...can search

as long as people make them "shared" or visable to others...

this is a great way to put the fun times up there

Mikey you can create your own account and upload them...

or you can feel free to email them to me and I would be happy to upload them for you and share the links...thanks so much for your efforts

the key to this is that pdf files just don't "work" right on flicker/Photobucket

they work great on "4share"

PS....now I can't wait to see all your other Fun Times !! Thanks

Thank you sharecruises, I will look into it.

Thank you very much mildew1951. I must say I'm quite envious of your cruise history. I'm also curious as to why you are on a Carnival Forum, are you thinking of adding a Carnival cruise to your cruise history? :)

No it was the BtB that caught my eye as we are doing BtB with RCI in April.

You may have already mentioned it, but are the kids going along as well with you on the Pride? Just wondered if they'd be in school or not or if just the two of you were going. I know I'll never be able to cruise without my 3 kids, they've got the cruising but just like their parents... Enjoy your next cruise, looking forward to the review...

Please don't encourage the really bad singers. DH has a wonderful voice and we like to go to karaoke. Sometimes he sings and sometimes not. There are a LOT of wonderful singers that go to karaoke and we love listening to them but it's not fair for us to have to listen to the bad ones. It's really hard on the ears. A few maybe but not one after an another for a long period of time. Sometimes the bad singers seem to dominate the whole karaoke. Then I have to leave.

I recommend that everyone find ONE song that they can sing....One song that they practice as much as possible. Learn it, memorize it and tuck it away for the one time they Karaoke. It is great if no one there knows you have done this, and you can surprise them.

No matter how badly you think you sing, there is at least one song in your range, one song you can do.

Mine is "Only the Good Die Young- in the style of Billy Joel"... oh and "Margaritaville in the style of Jimmy Buffett"

When I was younger, I had a girlfriend who could really rock, and she loved to do "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights in the style of Meatloaf" with me.

I love it Mike. It seems like you had quite the vacation. I love the pictures, especially the pictures of the ports. For some reason, I haven't had the desire to cruise to the Cayman Islands, Jamaica or Key West, but I think these pics may have coaxed me into checking these places out versus other Caribbean destinations.

I have some questions, forgive me if you've answered them more than once:

Why did you decide to do the B2B2B2B? As opposed to say 2 B2B 10+ night Caribbean cruises or something else?

How much do you bench press?

You may have already mentioned it, but are the kids going along as well with you on the Pride? Just wondered if they'd be in school or not or if just the two of you were going. I know I'll never be able to cruise without my 3 kids, they've got the cruising but just like their parents... Enjoy your next cruise, looking forward to the review...

Mitchel is coming with us, Arielle is staying behind because of her new part time job. Mitchel will not be missing any school. Christmas holidays. Even Tracy is not a sure thing, she is scheduled to go away to the police academy after January but there could be a last minute position that could open up before then and she would be gone, therefore just the boys going on the cruise.:(

I recommend that everyone find ONE song that they can sing....One song that they practice as much as possible. Learn it, memorize it and tuck it away for the one time they Karaoke. It is great if no one there knows you have done this, and you can surprise them.

No matter how badly you think you sing, there is at least one song in your range, one song you can do.

Mine is "Only the Good Die Young- in the style of Billy Joel"... oh and "Margaritaville in the style of Jimmy Buffett"

When I was younger, I had a girlfriend who could really rock, and she loved to do "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights in the style of Meatloaf" with me.

You're right! Some people can sing anything. Others can't but there is maybe one song if practised that is ok to sing at karaoke.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as saying you have to have a really good voice to sing but there are some who cannot sing and go up to sing again and again and sometimes it is hard to sit there and listen. Karaoke is all about having fun....for both the performer and the audience.

I love it Mike. It seems like you had quite the vacation. I love the pictures, especially the pictures of the ports. For some reason, I haven't had the desire to cruise to the Cayman Islands, Jamaica or Key West, but I think these pics may have coaxed me into checking these places out versus other Caribbean destinations.

I have some questions, forgive me if you've answered them more than once:

Why did you decide to do the B2B2B2B? As opposed to say 2 B2B 10+ night Caribbean cruises or something else?

I wanted to experience as many different ships as possible, the disadvantage of doing B2B on the same ship is that you would have to some extent the same entertainment on each cruise. If possible I do not want to cruise on the same ship twice.

How much do you bench press?

In my youth about 325 but now at my age I'm sticking to light weights, high reps. :D

Mike,

Thank you for the amazing journey you took us on. It really is the best and most entertaining review that I have read.

It made me so proud to see you in your red serge at your wedding. It brought back memories of pictures of my parents wedding. My dad also was in the R.C.M.P.

I wish Tracy well in her new career with our incredible police force. I am sure that she will be a great roll model for our young ladies here in Canada.

Thank you again... You really are the best.

:)

Wow, what a great review. I read very page and loved it. What a fantasic family, I enjoyed reading about everyone. Mike you definetly pay attention to detail. How far in advance did you book your B2B2B2B cruises? I thank you for the inspiration, I am considering doing a B2B Destiny from Miami and Freedom from Fort Lauderdale with my daughter after her high graduation, but the dates for summer of 2012 are not released yet.

Mike,

Thank you for the amazing journey you took us on. It really is the best and most entertaining review that I have read.

It made me so proud to see you in your red serge at your wedding. It brought back memories of pictures of my parents wedding. My dad also was in the R.C.M.P.

I wish Tracy well in her new career with our incredible police force. I am sure that she will be a great roll model for our young ladies here in Canada.

Thank you again... You really are the best.

:)

Thank you BC Gal Ann, very nice of you. Mike & Tracy