Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Hi Mike and Tracy,

I couldn't figure out how to send a private message to you on here so please excuse this public post. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of three of your brothers in arms with the Mounties. I thought of you two as soon as I heard the news. Although we have never met, I feel like we have after reading your wonderful trip reports that include so much about your family. I just wanted to send my deepest condolences to you and your fellow officers.

I had a very good New York State Trooper friend killed in the line of duty back in December and I was able to witness the brotherhood of those men during the funeral. I was also very touched that the Mounties were represented at the funeral.

Thank you both for your service!

Sincerely,

Chris

Hi Mike and Tracy,

I couldn't figure out how to send a private message to you on here so please excuse this public post. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of three of your brothers in arms with the Mounties. I thought of you two as soon as I heard the news. Although we have never met, I feel like we have after reading your wonderful trip reports that include so much about your family. I just wanted to send my deepest condolences to you and your fellow officers.

I had a very good New York State Trooper friend killed in the line of duty back in December and I was able to witness the brotherhood of those men during the funeral. I was also very touched that the Mounties were represented at the funeral.

Thank you both for your service!

Sincerely,

Chris

Thank you Chris and I'm sorry for your loss. Mike

Edited by MikeyA53

• 3 weeks later...
Will you be reviewing your most recent cruise on the Valor leaving San Juan. I certainly hope so!

Not for a while, we recently sold our house and purchased one in Ottawa. We'll be moving next week. Lots and lots to do. Tracy will be keeping me busy for a while, she has a lot of great ideas including a stone patio as soon as soon as we get there. :)

Not for a while, we recently sold our house and purchased one in Ottawa. We'll be moving next week. Lots and lots to do. Tracy will be keeping me busy for a while, she has a lot of great ideas including a stone patio as soon as soon as we get there. :)

Hope your move goes well :) Just think of the money you'll save flying now!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Congrats so good to hear you were able to sell your house. Here's to hoping your move to Ottawa is great and you are able to settle in nicely. Flights from here are OK but you also have Montreal, Syracuse and Toronto if you want to try to find cheaper flights.

So did anyone ever tell you that you also look like the actor on Flashpoint.

his name is Hugh Dillon, but coincidentally his screen name is "Mike"

That's who I first thought of when I saw a pic of Mike. You could definitely pass for brothers! :)

If have any questions I live northwest side of Ottawa feel free to ask anything. I have friends working with ya you will have a great time.

Hope your move goes well :) Just think of the money you'll save flying now!

Thank you, all was going well until Arthur passed through our region and we've been without power for 2 days now. We still had a successful yard sale yesterday and last night Tracy, Mitchel and I played scrabble by candlelight. Today we got cell phone coverage so we are hoping that power will soon follow.

Thank you, all was going well until Arthur passed through our region and we've been without power for 2 days now. We still had a successful yard sale yesterday and last night Tracy, Mitchel and I played scrabble by candlelight. Today we got cell phone coverage so we are hoping that power will soon follow.

Hope your power is restored soon, and glad to hear your yard sale went well :) People can't resist a good deal, even under less than perfect conditions!

I wish you and your family a smooth drive and all the best in your new home and city. Hope you make it to Montreal. Great restaurants and dining here :)

Congrats so good to hear you were able to sell your house. Here's to hoping your move to Ottawa is great and you are able to settle in nicely. Flights from here are OK but you also have Montreal, Syracuse and Toronto if you want to try to find cheaper flights.

Thanks, the plan is to fly out of Syracuse. :)

If have any questions I live northwest side of Ottawa feel free to ask anything. I have friends working with ya you will have a great time.

Thanks, we bought in Barrhaven, more precisely in the Half Moon Bay community. Mike

Hope your power is restored soon, and glad to hear your yard sale went well :) People can't resist a good deal, even under less than perfect conditions!

I wish you and your family a smooth drive and all the best in your new home and city. Hope you make it to Montreal. Great restaurants and dining here :)

Thanks, we got got our power back about 1 hour ago. It was a long 3 days without electricity, water and communication. :D

Thanks, we bought in Barrhaven, more precisely in the Half Moon Bay community. Mike

You are centrally located for your work and traceys unless she has to go out to Pakenham Barn still only about 45mins there. She will mostly at the training center so ya you did well good area and easy access to 416 to come in to Ottawa. Welcome to Ottawa

. We had balcony room, 6395, mid ship, a few door down from the laundry room.

I just found your review a few days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying reading through it even though I'm a few years late. I must say that I got so excited when I saw this room number! We're booked for room 6390 next month! Counting down the days until we board the Freedom for the first time.

I just found your review a few days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying reading through it even though I'm a few years late. I must say that I got so excited when I saw this room number! We're booked for room 6390 next month! Counting down the days until we board the Freedom for the first time.

It's hard to believe that it was 4 years ago, time flies. Enjoy your cruise. Mike

• 4 months later...

I know you wrote this quite some time ago now however, I still really enjoyed reading it!! You did an awesome review and in such great detail. Thank you for spending so much time on this as you can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this (: In a week and a few days it will be our turn but only on the freedom! Wish I was going for a month though that would be AMAZING!!

Edited by MNcruiser117

• 3 weeks later...
I know you wrote this quite some time ago now however, I still really enjoyed reading it!! You did an awesome review and in such great detail. Thank you for spending so much time on this as you can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this (: In a week and a few days it will be our turn but only on the freedom! Wish I was going for a month though that would be AMAZING!!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

• 1 year later...