Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Hi Mike! Glad to see your back on here and that Tracy is doing well. You were so helpful in getting me prepared for our first Carnival Pride cruise. We went in early June and had a wonderful time. We also celebrated our 34th anniversary. (We were very small children when we got married;))

Hope all goes well for both of you and we hope to meet you on a cruise soon! Joyce

Thank you Joyce, we would love to meet the two of you, can't wait to cruise again. :):)

I started reading this review to see some pictures of the Freedom I will be sailing on her in September and was curious. Can I tell you I have spent the last six hours reading your review at times through tears and at times through smiles. You have a beautiful family and are truly blessed. Thanks for a great review.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

001.jpg

Sunday, Sept 12th

With only a 5.5 hour drive ahead of us, we took our time driving home. We stopped in Bangor, Maine to pick up some school supplies for the kids. We also purchased a few colder weather outfits since we would be putting away our short sleeve shirts and shorts soon enough.

We were back home in Canada at about 9:30 p.m. The kids had school the next day, Tracy and I were fortunate enough to have a couple of days off before we had to return to work.

There you have it, 30 days away, 4 cruises and 21 days at sea. It all adds up to our best vacation ever.

I started this review 29 days ago and I’m not quite done yet, as promised I will be posting the Fun Times for each ship starting with Destiny tomorrow. It might take me several days to post all 4 Fun Times, scanning documents is a slow process, each Fun Time day is actually 5 to 6 scans.

I have throughly enjoyed writing this review and I want to thank everyone that has viewed my thread and especially everyone who has posted a response. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to provide an answer if possible.

Mike & Tracy

great review mike. and who said us canadians are boring lol..im suppose to sail on the destiny on aug 8th..but it looks like i may have to cancel and u looked like it was such a fun ship to be on

I started reading this review to see some pictures of the Freedom I will be sailing on her in September and was curious. Can I tell you I have spent the last six hours reading your review at times through tears and at times through smiles. You have a beautiful family and are truly blessed. Thanks for a great review.

Thank you so much skowtko, very much appreciated. Mike

great review mike. and who said us canadians are boring lol..im suppose to sail on the destiny on aug 8th..but it looks like i may have to cancel and u looked like it was such a fun ship to be on

Thank you twylla29, I hope you don't have to cancel. :(

she who must be obeyed and I are just back from alaskan cruise on the oosterdam..really good..did not rain in ketchekan...that in itself is amazing

only downsize of the trip is my transmission in my vue blew up just outside of High River alta on the way to Seattle...my wifes sister and her hubby bailed us out and lent us a car...just stopped at the trany shop in high river..it was going to be $4500 to fix...more than the car was worth..i was getting a trip out of it before trading it in

moral of that whole long boring story...with all the trauma cruising was still a great time

she who must be obeyed and I are just back from alaskan cruise on the oosterdam..really good..did not rain in ketchekan...that in itself is amazing

only downsize of the trip is my transmission in my vue blew up just outside of High River alta on the way to Seattle...my wifes sister and her hubby bailed us out and lent us a car...just stopped at the trany shop in high river..it was going to be $4500 to fix...more than the car was worth..i was getting a trip out of it before trading it in

moral of that whole long boring story...with all the trauma cruising was still a great time

Hi Captain, nice to hear from you, are you going to write a review. I don't know if I could ever convince Tracy to take a cruise to Alaska, she prefer the warmer climates. :)

as you know you either have to either write as you do it or at least have good notes..will answer any questions i can though

this was our 3rd alaska...so did not do any excursions....but still saw lots of wildlife...4 whales, lots of eagles and jumping fish..first time with a balcony to alaska which my wife loved...even ate dinner room service a couple of times so we could just watch the world go by.

enjoy the rest of your summer..the tracy countdown is getting close

as you know you either have to either write as you do it or at least have good notes..will answer any questions i can though

this was our 3rd alaska...so did not do any excursions....but still saw lots of wildlife...4 whales, lots of eagles and jumping fish..first time with a balcony to alaska which my wife loved...even ate dinner room service a couple of times so we could just watch the world go by.

enjoy the rest of your summer..the tracy countdown is getting close

30 days before I see her, 36 days when she graduates. :)

• 4 weeks later...

WOW I thought I wrote long reviews!! FAB FAB FAB! love the details, and photos. I have no idea who I missed your daughter being late one night! :D. My first cruise when I was 15, and I remember being late too!!! :D

Thank you again

t

WOW I thought I wrote long reviews!! FAB FAB FAB! love the details, and photos. I have no idea who I missed your daughter being late one night! :D. My first cruise when I was 15, and I remember being late too!!! :D

Thank you again

t

Thank you foxesden1. Glad you enjoyed it. Mike

Welcome Home Tracy!!!:D

Actually, Tracy will be home next Tuesday. The kids and I are going to the graduation, leaving tomorrow and spending a week near the police academy. She will still have classes but she will be free in the evenings and on the weekend. :)

I hope your week flys by fast. I know you and the kids have missed Tracy alot. Have a great time at Tracy's graduation next week.

Are you giving Tracy anything special as a graduation gift?

You may have misunderstood, we are seeing Tracy tomorrow night and will be spending time with her whenever she has free time. As per a graduation gift, I would love to give her a cruise but we can't plan anything until she has been working for a while.

They have Royal Canadian Mounted Police gift store at the Academy, I will be looking for something special there.

Enjoy your "reunion" with Tracy!!! I bet it will be filled with laughter and tears.

I just finished reading your b2b2b2b cruise review Mike and all I can say is WOW!!

We are going on our first Carnival cruise next month on the Carnival Pride, which I did read your review of, we had already booked and soo happy we did after I read your review and seen your amazing pictures.!

We are also Canadian's EH??( I really don't think we say that ;) ) We drive down the port in either Baltimore or Cape Liberty( yes we've only ever cruised before with RCL) the drive is 10 hours and that's not accounting for "pit stops"

Happy reunion with Tracy!!! I can't imagine how HAPPY YOU ALL WILL BE!!

Congratulations to Tracy too!

Sure wish we could cruise with you someday Mike.....we are looking at the Miracle for 2012.

Take care and thanks again for your AMAZING REVIEWS AND PICTURES!:D

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Enjoy your "reunion" with Tracy!!! I bet it will be filled with laughter and tears.

I just finished reading your b2b2b2b cruise review Mike and all I can say is WOW!!

We are going on our first Carnival cruise next month on the Carnival Pride, which I did read your review of, we had already booked and soo happy we did after I read your review and seen your amazing pictures.!

We are also Canadian's EH??( I really don't think we say that ;) ) We drive down the port in either Baltimore or Cape Liberty( yes we've only ever cruised before with RCL) the drive is 10 hours and that's not accounting for "pit stops"

Happy reunion with Tracy!!! I can't imagine how HAPPY YOU ALL WILL BE!!

Congratulations to Tracy too!

Sure wish we could cruise with you someday Mike.....we are looking at the Miracle for 2012.

Take care and thanks again for your AMAZING REVIEWS AND PICTURES!:D

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Thank you Gail, I'm sure you will enjoy your Pride cruise. We are also looking into Miracle in 2012 so you never know. Thanks again. Mike

You may have misunderstood, we are seeing Tracy tomorrow night and will be spending time with her whenever she has free time. As per a graduation gift, I would love to give her a cruise but we can't plan anything until she has been working for a while.

They have Royal Canadian Mounted Police gift store at the Academy, I will be looking for something special there.

Yeah, I had a brain malfunction. :eek: I realized after I hit submit reply that you would be seeing Tracy tomorrow. Hope all of you have a great time together.

My husband and I have really enjoyed all of your reviews. He was totally jealous of all of your back to backs last year.:)

Yeah, I had a brain malfunction. :eek: I realized after I hit submit reply that you would be seeing Tracy tomorrow. Hope all of you have a great time together.

My husband and I have really enjoyed all of your reviews. He was totally jealous of all of your back to backs last year.:)

Glad you enjoyed them, thank you. :)