Last minute Cruise

Ironmen

When is the best time to book a last minute cruise during the summer. Is it best 30 days in advance or just a week in advance for the best price? We don't really know our schedule for the summer just yet. What ships usually have the most last minute choices?

Assuming you don't have to book last minute air travel, I would think 30 days would be fine. Your selection may be limited so you need to be flexible on your cabin selection and itinerary.

Since I have to fly, the closest I've done is after the deposit date (it varies with cruise line). That way, I've gotten in on last minute promotions to fill the ship and could still book reasonably (not always) priced airfare. I did do this once and the airfare was a killer so I probably didn't save a dime and probably cost myself some money in procrastinating.

You really can't guess which ship will have deals and which won't especially during the high peak summertime.

Archived