Wine on Board

scottie920

Can anyone advise whether you are allowed to take wine on board to drink in your suite? If so, how many bottles per adult?

Also can anyone give an indication on how much a bottle of wine is for dinner/lunch. This will help calculate whether it is worth paying the 33 euros per day all inclusive.

Thanks.

no you can not take wine on board,but you can always try,house wine by the bottle is reasonable until you add the 15%,we paid the 33 and feel we got our monies worth as it includes bottled water and coffes,so we could have a latte at breakfast etc.i also drank bottled beers at 3.95 euros plus 15%.at lunch time we asked for a glass of wine and always got a bottle,a big plus is also includes the mini bar,so a ready source of sodas :cool:;);)

Thanks to both. Is there any restrictions on the all-inclusive package? You mentioned drinking bottle beer, was this included? Also for example could I ask for a bottle of wine (sparkling or other) to take back to my room. Also it it premium brands of spirits?

Any advice would be appreciated the on-line brochure doesn't give very much information.

Thanks

Hi it includes all bottled and draught beer but i like becks,wine in the bars is by the glass only and bottle at dinner,all house wines,the sprit list is quite good includes a lot of good brands but not the really expensive ones ie single malts and real good brandies,there is wine in the mini bar also a lot of minatures,:) im sure the fridge could be tailored to suit with a word to the room steward ;):)

We have just returned from a week on splendida and a week on magnifica - we were told they were strict about alcohol being taken on board but believe me they are not. We took a bottle of wine in each of our suitcases. When we went aboard at each port your backpacks were scanned coming back on but nobody was ever looking and I never saw anyone having anything confiscated. When we did a hawaiian cruise every day there was a trolley full of confiscated alcohol - not on this line at all! I saw a man put a clear plastic bag on with about 4 bottles of coke in it and and it was put through the scanner and handed to him on the other side - thought no drinks at all were allowed on! Our friend with us took a bottle of wine back on and a bottle of scotch. You cannot take them to the dining room but we certainly had them in our cabin. Hope this helps.

Why do you say risk bringing wine on board? they will hand the wine back to you at the end of the cruise if they take it from you on entry to the ship. At least thats what they say on the documentation i received.

They mean that they are bringing it onboard to drink during the cruise in their cabin, so there is a risk that if you do this and they confiscate it until the end of the cruise you won't be able to have it during the cruise and further more may not be that handy to take it home with airline weight restrictions.

- we were told they were strict about alcohol being taken on board but believe me they are not.

On our recent Poesia transatlantic we found them to be quite slack on the initial boarding (I had 4 bottles of spirits in my suit case), but they were very keen with the scanning when returning from ports. I had cans of Coke Zero in my bag nearly every time (they only sell Pepsi on board), and they stopped me every time and asked if there was alcohol in the cans. They didn't appear to mind me bringing on soft drink though. I did bring on spirits twice, but I used a "rum runner" for that which they didn't appear to be able to detect.

They were definitely confiscating a lot of stuff, the lock up cage next to the scanning machines was full by the end of the cruise.

Archived