what to do with wedding party????

mrsnemo328

Im getting married at sunset at Mr.Sanchos in Cozumel, Mexico but I have no idea what to do with my wedding party until the wedding begins. We get there at 8 o clock in the morning, that leaves almost an entire day empty! I want to do a shore excursion with everyone but they tend to be quite expensive. I dont want to ask everyone to pay for something expensive. I also dont want them getting extremely dirty and nasty before the wedding.:eek:I dont know what to do!!!! Does anyone have any ideas on some cheap, low-impact(non sweaty or wet) group activities in Cozumel?:confused::confused:

Why can't your wedding party go back to the ship to shower and change before the wedding? Are you expecting them to do an excursion in their wedding party finery? I've been to Cozumel in all seasons, and if you spend any time outdoors, it is hot and sweaty...no matter what time of year! They could enjoy just walking around, going to one of the many great local beaches, having fun at a local bar, or standing for hours in a local jewelry store that has A/C. Guess I don't understand your question?????

You do have to keep in mind the weather down there. If you are all wearing some light and loose clothes, you might be ok. We went to Cozumel this past May and it was HOT!!!! I had filled a thermos full of ice before we left on our excursion at 9 a.m. and by 1030 it was completely melted and a few minutes later the water was hot, too. Our guide said that May was the worst time of year to be touring the Yucutan and she told us we were all crazy tourists! (she was, of course, making light of the weather). We went to one of the beach excursions (I can't remember the name of the beach right now). It was all day, they had lots of stuff for everyone to do, kids and older people as well and the food and the drinks were all completely free! The excursion cost $86. So to have your food and alcohol all included along with activities, it was worth it. Tons of fun.

But, guests could also hang out in Cozumel. They have a big tourist trap as soon as you get off the ship and walk down that super long pier. Lots and lots of shops. It had a very Spanish theme to it.

Archived