Tell me about the coffee

pamelab

In RE: the coffee, Just keep telling yourself, "You're on a Cruise!" "You're on a Cruise!" "You're on a Cruise!" "You're on a Cruise!":D

This is why I now bring the Starbuck Coffee Via packets with me. The coffee on the ship leaves a bad taste in your mouth. So instead of ordering a pot of coffee in the morning we order 2 pots of hot water and make our own. This is the best idea Starbucks has had yet. :D

I drink 2 pots a day, Loved both flavored coffee and creamer. I found that lido was okay if I put my creamer in it. If you get the small individual creamers that you find in gas stations from international delight they do not have to be refrigerated. I bought a box of them at the 1.00 store and was a happy coffee drinker my whole eight day's

thank you! I didn't even think of those...I'll have to put that in my big document where I'm keeping cruise tips!

Army Coffee Good, Carnival Coffee Good, but DW says I'm easy to please.

I found the powdered creamers in tubes/straws at Wal-Mart, French Vanilla flavor. Have several boxes to take with us. Going to put them in a Zip-Lock baggie, I'm thinking powder traveling better than a liquid.

Matt

re: the coffee bar

I'm pretty much a coffee snob (gourmet coffee beans from specialty stores and specialty coffee houses only -- ie: Starbucks coffee is crap...over roasted and way over rated), so bearing that in mind, how are the various coffees at the coffee bar? I am definitely someone who needs caffeine especially in the morning or you don't want to deal with me, so I'll want some kind of coffee and I'm kinda scared of what I've been hearing about the included coffee.

So coffee bar concoctions? decent? prices?

regarding those who bring creamer...we LOVE coffeemate creamers and some international delight...those that bring it are you bringing the dried kind or liquid kind? I'd think it would be hard to do liquid as they have to be refrigerated, but I've never had the dry kind.

The coffe bars serve your typical specialy coffees, cappuccino, lattes (Both hot and iced), espresso and regular brewed coffee. They are delicious! I had a decaf latte every day and my DH had the regular brew and we both tried the cappuccino and enjoyed them all. The prices are very reasonable, much cheaper than Starbucks or Seattles Best. The "free" coffee served in the Lido and MDR and for room service is just plain yucky! We always ordered the cappuccino after dinner in the MDR and there is no extra charge in the MDR. If you're a tea drinker, no problem, all types and blends available everywhere.

Army Coffee Good, Carnival Coffee Good, but DW says I'm easy to please.

I found the powdered creamers in tubes/straws at Wal-Mart, French Vanilla flavor. Have several boxes to take with us. Going to put them in a Zip-Lock baggie, I'm thinking powder traveling better than a liquid.

Matt

Thank You! Great idea!:)

Archived