International Cafe on Sea Princess?

Jetnoise

Looking through the deck plans for the Sea Princess, I can not find an International Cafe. There is however a "Corniche Cafe" - are these one and the same? i.e. does the Corniche serve the speciality and fresh-brewed coffee and have the same opening times as the International?

Our cabin for our forthcoming (Jan 10th) cruise is on the Riviera deck and I will be needing my coffee fix early in the morning (to drink in the cabin) - will I have to wait until the "Corniche" opens and trek down there to get it or will there be any nearer and/or earlier opening outlets for the fresh-brew? My understanding from reading old posts is that the Horizon Court does not serve fresh-brew - is that correct?

I am aware of the requirement for a coffe card and will be obtaining one on boarding.

Cheers,

Ralph

The Cafe Corniche on the Sea Princess is the pizza restaurant, you will not be able to get specialty coffees there in the morning or fresh brewed coffee either. It is not the Sea Princess coffee bar but a lunch and dinner dining venue.

There is a coffee bar on Deck 5, if memory serves me correctly.

I make fresh coffee, perked at home. I find the coffee provided by room service on Princess more than adequate. I also find, if I add a bit of hot water to the coffee served in the lido - it is fine.

I generally make coffee using Yuban by the way.

Just some suggestions.

Looking through the deck plans for the Sea Princess, I can not find an International Cafe. There is however a "Corniche Cafe" - are these one and the same? i.e. does the Corniche serve the speciality and fresh-brewed coffee and have the same opening times as the International?

Our cabin for our forthcoming (Jan 10th) cruise is on the Riviera deck and I will be needing my coffee fix early in the morning (to drink in the cabin) - will I have to wait until the "Corniche" opens and trek down there to get it or will there be any nearer and/or earlier opening outlets for the fresh-brew? My understanding from reading old posts is that the Horizon Court does not serve fresh-brew - is that correct?

I am aware of the requirement for a coffe card and will be obtaining one on boarding.

Cheers,

Ralph

Brewed and specialty coffees, along with pastry, are available on the Sea Princess deck 5, La Patisserie. ;)

Thanks all for the swift answers! The Patisserie does not appear on the deck plans for the Sea Princess on their web site, but is mentioned (without specifying the location) in the Dining Options page. Unfortunately it does not open until 07:00 so I guess I will just have to have a lay-in until it opens or suffer the syrup from room service!

I will try the syrup stuff, but do not hold out much hope for it having experimented with Camp Coffee (syrup stuff sold in the UK) in the past - OK for food flavouring but not for drinking in my opinion.

As we are flying from the UK, the crazy baggage weight restrictions mean I can not bring a supply and percolator with me :(

Cheers,

Ralph

Ralph, this should help you out a bit.

In my memory, they have this listed incorrectly (it is not the deckplan from the Princess site but from another one, as I wasn't able to copy the one directly from Princess). It shows the Explorers bar on this one as the patisserie, which is incorrect in my memory. If you look just above that you will see a light blue counter coming out with little dots for stools there. This is where we found the coffee bar on other Sea Princess cruises.

It's a shame IMHO that each site seems to either not list the patisserie or have it in the wrong place. (that is unless they have changed things around since our last sailing) ;)

1151112211278884_DECKOVER.gif

Brilliant - thanks for that - I will be heading down there for 07:00 on my first morning then! I just hope that the deck plans they provide on-board are a little more accurate than those on the web site - I can see us getting lost frequently otherwise:D

Cheers,

Ralph

Another relevant difference between the Cafe Corniche and the International Cafe: the Corniche is a seated restaurant with waitstaff, serves nothing but pizza and a few pastas, and is only open during specific lunch and dinner hours. The IC has a variety of counter-delivered goodies available pretty much round the clock.

I am not very impressed with the International Cafe but I was impressed with the Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess. Lunchtimes has a limited menu but a more extensive menu is served at dinner. It makes a very pleasant change from the MDR and the buffet.

By the way the coffee served even in the buffet is nothing like Camp coffee which I think is mainly chicory with a little coffee essence thrown in for flavouring:eek:

Thanks all for the swift answers! The Patisserie does not appear on the deck plans for the Sea Princess on their web site, but is mentioned (without specifying the location) in the Dining Options page. Unfortunately it does not open until 07:00 so I guess I will just have to have a lay-in until it opens or suffer the syrup from room service!

I will try the syrup stuff, but do not hold out much hope for it having experimented with Camp Coffee (syrup stuff sold in the UK) in the past - OK for food flavouring but not for drinking in my opinion.

As we are flying from the UK, the crazy baggage weight restrictions mean I can not bring a supply and percolator with me :(

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Have you tried Lyons original one cup coffee bags? Just like tea bags but bigger. They are in individual sealed packs in a box of 18, and are virtually weightless without the box. You could just order hot water and milk from room service. You can buy them at most big supermarkets here. :)

Thanks all for the further info - I will certainly be trying the Cafe Corniche whilst on board in addition to the Patisserie and will even, out of morbid curiousity, try the "syrup" coffee - I will give anything a go once. I am glad to find out that it is superior to Camp and may well be pleasantly surprised.

I will also try out the coffee bags suggested by U2 and take some with me as an "in case of emergency" supply.

Thanks again,

Ralph

Archived