Flying into Ft Lauderdale, July 2011, sailing out of Miami need suggestions!!

LuvTheSea14

Always get great ideas from cruise boards! We are looking for a nice hotel that has a shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport to hotel. We would like a restaurant on site since we won't have a car and on the day of our cruise we will need transportation to Miami Port. A pool would be nice also. Any ideas!! Thank you

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale North has several restaurants nearby and has transportation from FLL. Several threads here on this board will explain how to book this hotel on Hotwire, just search Hyatt. This Hyatt Place has a very small pool, but, that isn't a strong point of the hotel.

SAS, a shared van service will take you from the hotel to the Port of Miami on sailing day for $15 each. www.ridesas.com

I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions. Have fun planning your trip !! :)

Always get great ideas from cruise boards! We are looking for a nice hotel that has a shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport to hotel. We would like a restaurant on site since we won't have a car and on the day of our cruise we will need transportation to Miami Port. A pool would be nice also. Any ideas!! Thank you

I'd want to go ahead and get to Miami.

My suggestion would be South Beach because there are just so many shopping, dining, and attraction options within walking distance of everything and it is a short cab ride to POM.

Check out Doubletree Surfcomber, Courtyard Marriott South Beach, South Seas, and The Townhouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same dilemma. We will be flying into Ft Lauderdale in Dec due to cheaper airline prices. I found that the Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale airport south has a package just for this. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and provide a shuttle to the Miami port for a fee. We are flying in late and don't want the hassle of driving to Miami after a long flight. I hope this is some help to you! The hotel shuttle is much easier to use than having to schedule a shuttle to come pick up your family. I just want to make it as easy as possible! Have a great cruise!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived