My Review of Carnival Freedom 9/19-9/25 with Pics

cuted126

:::drumming fingers on desk:::

Okay, I get that you probably have a real life and work to do, but some of us are sitting at home hitting "refresh" on the computer waiting for you to post more pics and tell us about your day in Key West. Come on, girl, PRIORITIES!!!

;):D

Okay, I get that you probably have a real life and work to do, but some of us are sitting at home hitting "refresh" on the computer waiting for you to post more pics and tell us about your day in Key West. Come on, girl, PRIORITIES!!!

TOO funny! And SO true...About every 30 minutes I log back on just to see if she has posted anything else. My boss keeps coming into my office, sees what I'm doing, shakes his head, and just walks out! LOL! ;)

"Loading up Key West pics now and I promise there won't be as many as the first three pages"

Oh please, please, pleeeeease post as many pics of Key West as you want to!! I am SO looking forward to seeing them! I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Key West and can't WAIT for my turn to go in October! :D

P.S. Your hubby sounds just like mine!! LOL!

LOL,real life sucks!! I have more coming up for you right now!!

We put our stuff through the X-ray and dh had a bottle of Margaritaville margarita mix in his bookbag (we ordered tequila through Bon Voyage) Anyway,the security lady stands up and says really loud and nasty how everyone wants to try to bring whiskey on. I turn around and say huh?!? Dh is looking like WTH?! She then says open your bag sir as if we had just ruined her morning.

Dh tells her that it's a mixer and how we had ordered from Bon Voyage. Stupidly she sits down and says OH. I was on fire,but I let it slide. There was no need for her to be rude.

Loving your review!!! :D We are sailing Freedom this Sunday, same itinerary (as long as Mathew has moved out and Nicole goes away, fingers crossed). Anywho...... I wanted to order tequila from the bon voyage, but either they no longer have it or you have to order it specially from somewhere else. What am I missing? I wanted to do the same thing your hubby did with bringing mix along.

IMG_9634.jpg?t=1285683764

We got of the boat and Carnival photogs took our pic of course. Then we walked around. Eventhough I saw Freedom in at Port Everglades,this was the first time I got to really look at her and she is a really big ship and long too! Anyway we had no specific plans besides that I wanted to see the Lighthouse and the Southernmost Point. We stopped at one of the stores in the marina at the ATM cause the one of the ship wasn't working and then we were on our way. I had done tons of research on the port boards on Key West so I knew just how to get to the Southernmost Point.

This pic was taken right outside the store we went in

IMG_9597.jpg?t=1285683906

We stopped and took pics of the various statues,some of which lots of people though they were real people,lol. We went into a shopping area,I forgot the name and looked for some sunglasses for Dh. We went upstairs and they was this cute toy store. I loved the decor in the store. Check out if you are visiting Key West.

IMG_9704.jpg?t=1285684067

IMG_9602-1.jpg?t=1285684156

IMG_9604.jpg?t=1285684216

Dh being Dh lol

IMG_9607.jpg?t=1285684216

Loving your review!!! :D We are sailing Freedom this Sunday, same itinerary (as long as Mathew has moved out and Nicole goes away, fingers crossed). Anywho...... I wanted to order tequila from the bon voyage, but either they no longer have it or you have to order it specially from somewhere else. What am I missing? I wanted to do the same thing your hubby did with bringing mix along.

Did you call the Bon Voyage dept the number is 1-800-906-7603 Our bottle was 1 liter and it was $40 plus state tax.

From here we ended up walking down Duval street. Tons of bars,bicycles,scooter and motorcycles! We were handed tons of little flyers about various two for one drink specials. Which we decided we would do on the way back. I love Key West,it was worth my five year wait. It had an old town feel to it. The walk to the SMP was long,but doable. There was so much to see along the way that it made the walk enjoyable. Oh and it was hot,not unbearablely hot,but hot enough. Definitely stop along the way and get water.

IMG_9616.jpg?t=1285684607

IMG_9611.jpg?t=1285684642

IMG_9620.jpg?t=1285684682

IMG_9625.jpg?t=1285684753

We finally made it too the SMP and it had a gate around it. They were painting it,although no one was there besides the paintcan & brush:( Oh well I still got a pics of it.

IMG_9635.jpg?t=1285684861

We sat here for awhile and just looked at the water,plus by the time we were sweating. Great exercise for burning of those cruise food calories though. After that we walked to the beach that was nearby. It was small and appeared very clean.

IMG_9654.jpg?t=1285685249

IMG_9657.jpg?t=1285685249

We walked back towards Duval St. and I saw the Blond Giraffe. I decided to try a piece of pie and OMG ::drool:: It was soooooooooooooooooo good. Right after that we went back to The Whistle Bar(I believe this is the name) and had our two for one margaritas. There was an Elvis impersonator singing and a big party that had like 100 margaritas each! Hey it's 5;00 somewhere right?!

IMG_9665.jpg?t=1285685343

So yeah,I did say that I knew how to get to the SMP,but the lighthouse not to much. We ended up walking up Duval,just to end up going all the way back the other way. Did I mention there were roosters walking around everywhere.

IMG_9698.jpg?t=1285685757

And beautiful trees and flowers everywhere

IMG_9673.jpg?t=1285685817

IMG_9661.jpg?t=1285685911

I thought the Conch train was so cute

IMG_9669.jpg?t=1285685976

And here is dh acting a fool again lol

IMG_9662.jpg?t=1285686026

Okay so we are walking and finally I see the lighthouse. I love lighthouses,so I took a TON of pics. We didn't go inside though.

IMG_9682.jpg?t=1285686225

IMG_9689.jpg?t=1285686294

And with that,we headed back to the boat. When we got back to the Marina we sat on one of the benches and people watched and talked about the day. We'd seen lots of stuff on this cute little island, including Elvis and a pirate with a stick for a leg(I wish i'd gotten a pic of him) Beautiful island & beautiful weather,what more can you ask for?! We were ready to shower, head to lido, and then serenity deck.

IMG_9703.jpg?t=1285686506

IMG_9707.jpg?t=1285686532

Cuted126

We are in VA also, so that explains it. We have driven to Orlando a couple of times and I keep trying to tell him that it is not that much further.

A fellow Virginian! What part of you from,we are in Richmond. I think orlando maybe about and hour and a half from Fort Lauderdale.

We are going to make the drive from Charlotte, NC area in February. I am guessing 10-12 hours depending on traffic, but since we are driving down on a Saturday we are hoping to make good time. We will stay the night at the Hampton Inn right near where the OP stayed and embark on Sunday. So excited! Not so excited about the drive.

Thankfully our kids are flying with my parents, so it will be just DH and I. Driving will save us our two airfare, and plus the baggage fees for all of us.

The drive is long,but it is also a great time for me and dh to relax,talk and enjoy each other! We were making great time til Georgia,I don't know what was going on there:confused:

I never thought of those types of mixers . . . I always thought of cans of pop or juice. Can you tell me if you took pop or if this just replaced you pop allowance? I may have to rethink what I take!!!!
We didn't take any soda at all,just the mixer. I am sure we coulda brought some soda along as well. That mixer is just so good!!

I've seen your posts on other reviews and couldn't wait to see yours. I love the chattiness and all of the pictures too, so keep them coming! I noticed that you and your DH travel every year for your anniversary which is too cute! My DH will cruise, but isn't quite the avid cruiser that I am. So, for those times when I feel the urge and he won't go, then I'll easily find friends that either have never cruised, or my trusty bestie, who is only a "yes" away from cruising with me.

I'm addicted to the reviews and though I have no plans to go on the Freedom as of yet, unless that's the 6 day that will be going to Aruba in 2011 from one of the ports, I still enjoy the cruise reviews of others who have recently cruised.

Don't stop, get it, get it!! Lol Keep the review going...:D

I LOVE your pics!! Add as many as you can!

Thanks! I wish I could add them all!

Your review is great. And Im loving the pictures. Im really thinking about doing the Freedom for my next cruise. It really sounds and looks great. I may have to budget for this.:)

Excellent Review!! I am thinking about booking the Freedom for our upcoming 2nd Anniversary. Keep it coming.

Thanks to both of you! If you book the Freedom,you won't be disappointed! It is a beautiful ship.

Wow! Excellent review. Keep it coming. Your cabin was really spacious. Nice photos.
Thanks! I loved that room and wouldn't hesitate to book again!

Your review is great!

Please don't apologize for all the pictures!

Thanks! I keep trying to downgrade the pics and I still end up with alot,but since you guys don't mind, it don't matter :)

Enjoyed your review and pictures!
Thanks!

simply mahvelous dahlingk......thank you for sharing this.....waiting for more....
Thanks!

Thank you so much for taking us along on your vacation !! :) I really enjoyed the pictures and your great comments,
Thanks!! I love reliving it,but I really wish it wasn't over!

ha your hubby is like mine, after awhile he is done with me going photo crazy LOL

Looks like a great 1st day and cant wait to see Key west. One of these days I will get there LOL

Lol,I left hubby in the room a few times to go take pics:p Key west is up and done!! You will love that place if you ever get to visit. I loved it!

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise vacation with us.

Just love your review and pic's please keep posting them.

Will be on Freedom in 5 week and 5days but who's counting.

Was wondering if you kept your Fun Times? Would be interested in the Spa specials offered during the week. Also do they still do Bingo!

Thanks,

Marcy

Thanks for follwing along! Yes,I have all of my fun times and Bingo was going strong everyday. When we came back in port they would hand us advertisement papers with spa specials,but I didn't keep those or the spa papers that our steward left in our room either. Most of the stuff I see in the fun times say call for more info. I will scan the capers for you incase i'm not looking in the right areas.

Looking forward to more! :)
Thanks,coming right up!

Wonderful review and pics........ I really enjoyed every step of the way. Don't worry about the chattiness, my DH always make fun of me as well. LOL
Thanks! There was a t-shirt in Key west for infants that said "If you think I never shut up,you should meet my mom" Dh made the statement that our toddler needs that shirt:o

Love the review so far! Keep it and all the details and pictures coming please!!!

JoAnn

PS love hearing any info on Cambria and the area. We are staying there 2 nights this Dec.

Thanks! You are gonna love Cambria Suites. It is a beautiful hotel,the decor is so nice. The staff were really friendly and accomadating. Our room was in excellent condition and very clean. I have zero complaints about this hotel. It sits way back off the street,but they do have a sign. It so short you may miss it. It is right after the best western and it will not show on the gps. I've seen others have this problem as well on the homeport boards. So type in the Best Western address right before the Cambria Suites. You will see both hotel from the interstate.

The address is Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport South

1900 Stirling Rd.

Dania Beach FL 33004

There is not much in walking distance from the hotel. I would say the walk to the shopping area maybe about one mile and even longer if you wanted to go the restuarants. They do have shuttle,but i'm not sure if it will take you certain places or not

TOO funny! And SO true...About every 30 minutes I log back on just to see if she has posted anything else. My boss keeps coming into my office, sees what I'm doing, shakes his head, and just walks out! LOL! ;)
That is hilarious!

"Loading up Key West pics now and I promise there won't be as many as the first three pages"

Oh please, please, pleeeeease post as many pics of Key West as you want to!! I am SO looking forward to seeing them! I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Key West and can't WAIT for my turn to go in October! :D

P.S. Your hubby sounds just like mine!! LOL!

I took over 300 pics in Key West Dh thinks I am insane! I may include a few more for you! Key West is a quiant town! I loved it!

You're too cute. I love pictorial reviews. You're going a great job. Glad you made it to Key West. You're making me want to go now!
Thanks :) Oh man,words cannot express how happy I was to be in Key West!!! I wouldn't mind spending a week there!

Thank you so much!!! Got our liquor ordered!!

Keep the pics coming!!!!

You're welcome! Enjoy it!

I've seen your posts on other reviews and couldn't wait to see yours. I love the chattiness and all of the pictures too, so keep them coming! I noticed that you and your DH travel every year for your anniversary which is too cute! My DH will cruise, but isn't quite the avid cruiser that I am. So, for those times when I feel the urge and he won't go, then I'll easily find friends that either have never cruised, or my trusty bestie, who is only a "yes" away from cruising with me.

I'm addicted to the reviews and though I have no plans to go on the Freedom as of yet, unless that's the 6 day that will be going to Aruba in 2011 from one of the ports, I still enjoy the cruise reviews of others who have recently cruised.

Don't stop, get it, get it!! Lol Keep the review going...:D

Thanks! The Fascination made an avid cruiser out of DH and I was so glad!! We plan to keep our traditional 9/19 cruises going! That's great that you have friends that are always willing to cruise when your dh won't! I will go with you also if you'd like:p

Archived