Cancelling and re-booking for the promotion

yellowsnow

I know it can be done. At one time I took advantage of WOW sale and got an extra booking for my parents who ended up not going so I canceled my old reservation and kept the WOW sale reservation only. It wasn't the same room, but it was a different room we also liked.

On Friday I transferred my reservation to a TA for the perks, 2 days before final payment was due. Their website advertised free gratuities and free dinner at a specialty restaurant for two + spa treatment. We were in such a rush to get the reservation transferred that we didn't talk about the dinner and spa promotion. I left her a voice message and she called me back today (final payment date) and said she'd have to get it approved by a supervisor, but she thinks it's possible. I asked her if it would be better to cancel the reservation and re-book Wednesday (because Wednesday is WOW sale again and the other promotions will still be there) and she said Royal Caribbean's system doesn't allow for it...

I'm skeptical about it because when I made the reservation for my parents I used my dad's name, which is ALSO my name. They didn't say anything back then, and it makes sense to me that this would be a new reservation.

It is still a good deal to get free gratuities, but I would love the dinner and spa as well, I imagine that's about a $150 or value.

Is it true that Royal has a mechanism to avoid canceling and re-booking for promotions?

Hopefully the TA will stand by the promotion that was available at the time you transferred your booking and no cancel/rebook will be necessary. I would just wait to hear back from the TA - you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

I got a call from my TA a couple of minutes after posting this and she told me she was trying to work something out with the cruise line and offered me to exchange my previous $100 OBC that I got for booking during WOW sale in the spring for the dinner + spa. I figured everyone seems to agree that Royal doesn't allow for the re-booking thing, so I don't want to pursue it. Free gratuities, dinner and spa is still a good deal. Making final payment now, thank you all for your input!

Archived