Coffee question

phinn

Can we bring our own coffee creamer on board? Don't laugh, daughter and I need to have our own flavored coffee and it would be easy enough to bring our own. Has anyone done this? It would be the small single unit serving size. Laugh if you must, but don't mess with my coffee...

I confess that I bring my own coffee, in the little single packets. We just got off the Summit, and now they have little Tasters Choice individual packets up in the buffet area where they have the teas. I find the coffee on the ship, in the MDR and Buffet are too bitter for my taste.

This is for msrizzo below. Don't laugh. Here's what we do:

Bodum makes a great insulated plastic travel french press. We bought one for each of us a couple of cruises ago and use them every morning. We bring ground coffee from home and spoon it into the press, then one of us dashes up to the buffet or the aqua spa cafe and fills it (almost) with hot water from the dispenser. Back in the cabin, we wrap it with a hand towel to keep it hot, and a few minutes later there's hot coffee just like at home. It's possible to bring some cream (or whatever that stuff is in the dispenser marked cream) back to the cabin in a drinking glass. Since we don't particularly like to drink directly from the press, although it's designed for that, we keep a mug each in the cabin, filling them with hot water from the tap in the cabin before dashing up to the buffet or aqua spa for water.

I recognize this process may seem arduous, but good coffee is important to us, and it really doesn't take long to get it this way.

Go to the Bed, Bath, and Beyond website and search for Bodum french travel press. We bought the $17.99 model, which works fine. If you're near a BB&B, you can order it through the store and they'll ship it to your home free. Don't forget to use a 20% off coupon.

I have one of those and they work great. I ordered them online but not from BB&B. I do drink out of mine. But I don't find the dining room coffee objectionable. I like strong (and bitter I guess:)) so its okay by me.

Are bringing the individual creamers that don't require a fridge?

Tell me if I'm dreaming but doesn't the 24 hour coffee have little flavored creamers? Or am I thinking of another line?

Thank you for the french press tip. I'll look into that. Tuggers, I don't recall seeing flavored creamers on board, and will bring the non refridgerated type. If I see it this time around, I'll let you know. It doesn't weigh much and I doubt they will bother me with that in my luggage.

Archived