lots of questions, NCL STAR

love2bonboard

Okay, it has been a long time since I have sailed w/ NCL. I have some questions if you would please answer...

1). Can I bring soda onboard in my suitcase?

2). Will a large (not oversized, but Large) suitcase fit under the bed?

3). Is there 24 hour free room service? Also, is there a 24 hour buffet?

4). Can I wear jeans for dinner at the restaurant (I know it is casual, but jeans?)

5). Soda card price, if they have it?

6). Price for spa weekly pass?

7). Cost to have jeans laundered?

Any general tips on sailing on the Star??

Thanks for any answers and tips. My hubby is in the Air Force and he had to cancel going on the cruise due to work, so I am going with my mother-in-law (she is 69 and uses a walker), so if you have any ideas to ensure she has a great cruise, too. Thanks.

1). Can I bring soda onboard in my suitcase? YES

2). Will a large (not oversized, but Large) suitcase fit under the bed? YES, It Should Fit

3). Is there 24 hour free room service? Yes Also, is there a 24 hour buffet? Yes, but it not a buffet. The Blue Lagoon with a limited menu.

4). Can I wear jeans for dinner at the restaurant (I know it is casual, but jeans?) Rules are changing maybe who has recently sailed on the Start can answer this one

5). Soda card price, if they have it? They do have a soda card.

The Star and Dawn are our favorite ships. The best spot on the ship is the spa area. It overlooks the back of the ship and has an indoor lap pool and 2 jacuzzis. We really enjoyed spending a few hours there to relax each day.

Okay, it has been a long time since I have sailed w/ NCL. I have some questions if you would please answer...

1). Can I bring soda onboard in my suitcase?

2). Will a large (not oversized, but Large) suitcase fit under the bed?

3). Is there 24 hour free room service? Also, is there a 24 hour buffet?

4). Can I wear jeans for dinner at the restaurant (I know it is casual, but jeans?)

5). Soda card price, if they have it?

6). Price for spa weekly pass?

7). Cost to have jeans laundered?

Thanks for any answers and tips. My hubby is in the Air Force and he had to cancel going on the cruise due to work, so I am going with my mother-in-law (she is 69 and uses a walker), so if you have any ideas to ensure she has a great cruise, too. Thanks.

I can answer some of your questions.

1 Soda -- Yes - Although paperwork says no.

2 Suitcase -- Yes - Most will fit even if you have to lift the bed a little to get it under. If it doesn't fit, the room steward will stow it for you.

3 Room service - Yes - Tip is customary === 24 hr buffet No --but Blue Lagoon is open about 23 hours per day.

4 Jeans -- Maybe - One dining room allows them and the other may restrict you. Versailles has restrictions-- Aqua allows jeans.

5 Soda card price -- Not sure - Usually about $4.50 per day.

6 Spa price -- May be $99 for the week.

7 Launder jeans --Not sure - Usually have laundry special for $24.95 all you can stuff into the paper bag they furnish.

Re Walker -- Crew will help with plates at the buffet and getting on and off tenders. Also with seating at shows and dining room. They are very nice about assisting those who need help !!!!

We will be on the Star next March. I read somewhere that the soda card is $6.25 per day + tax and you pay for the length of the cruise. I've also read that the $99 Spa is limited to x amounts of guest, so you need to do the tour when it is offered and buy early otherwise it can sell out. Hope this was helpful. If I am incorrect, please correct me since I need this information as well!

Thanks!

I found that I can bring soda onboard, suitcase will fit, going to go in the free steam and sauna room and save money instead of paying for the spa, jeans okay in at least one dining room, food everywhere all the time, so I think I am ready to go!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I found that I can bring soda onboard, suitcase will fit, going to go in the free steam and sauna room and save money instead of paying for the spa, jeans okay in at least one dining room, food everywhere all the time, so I think I am ready to go!!!!!!!

The spa isn't free - I'm trying to remember but I think it was $99 for the week or $150 if two signed up. Jeans were OK in any dining area when we were on her in August.

The spa isn't free - I'm trying to remember but I think it was $99 for the week or $150 if two signed up. Jeans were OK in any dining area when we were on her in August.

Yes, I know the spa isn't free, but there is a steam and sauna room off the gym that is for public use. Correct me if I am wrong.

The buffet is not open 24 hours, however it is open for many hours. I believe it closes around midnight each night and reopens at 6:00am or before. If you need something during those hours, as others have stated the Blue Lagoon is a good option, as is room service.

The Star is our favorite ship and we just came off her again earlier this month.

There used to be a sign in the MDR's that stated something to this affect, "Please no jeans, t-shirts or shorts in the dining room after 5pm. Thank you." However, those signs are no longer posted and there were a lot of people in there with jeans in the evening. They were presentable with clean, not holey jeans. I'm not saying that's ok now - just letting you know what our experience was.

Have fun!

The buffet is not open 24 hours, however it is open for many hours. I believe it closes around midnight each night

unless hrs have changed it closes before that...i have been on the STAR 4 times and the hrs have never been that late...

i just checked with a daily from last december and it says 9pm, i know that it was open a bit longer-last minute people finishing up cos we got soft serve ice cream about 9:30 there was a line everyone wanted a snack before they shut it down!

Archived