Shipping luggage ahead

suemiks

Just checked with FedeX today and think that may well be the way to ship our luggage: there is a local office and they are about half the cost of Luggage Concierge and Luggage Forward. Admittedly we are not taking tons of clothes (will ship three bags; none huge) but sure like the idea of carry on only until we get to the Marina. It takes 7 business days for luggage to arrive.

Sue

Just checked with FedeX today and think that may well be the way to ship our luggage: .....

Sue

Sue,

You mention a "local office". Is that a local office to your home or where the ship docks? If you mean local office to your home, does FedEx "guarantee" delivery to the ship or cabin? If you mean a local office to where the ship docks, how does the luggage get from that office to the ship?

• 2 weeks later...
Sue,

You mention a "local office". Is that a local office to your home or where the ship docks? If you mean local office to your home, does FedEx "guarantee" delivery to the ship or cabin? If you mean a local office to where the ship docks, how does the luggage get from that office to the ship?

It's near our home; they ship to the port..........I'll have to check if that means the ship.

UPS was about twice the price; will need to check with them too about exactly where it goes.

We are staying the night before at the Doubletree so that is an option certainly.

Thanks for the "heads ups".

Sue

I would definitely ship to the hotel if you are staying the night before. If you can't have it deliver directly to the ship then you never know where are the port it might wind up. I'd also call the hotel in advance to notify them that they need to accept your luggage and hold it for your arrival.

I would definitely ship to the hotel if you are staying the night before. If you can't have it deliver directly to the ship then you never know where are the port it might wind up. I'd also call the hotel in advance to notify them that they need to accept your luggage and hold it for your arrival.

Thanks for the advice! That's probably what we'll do.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps I'm being naive, but do cruise lines typically maintain a shipping address at each embarkation port in this day and age?

Back from San Francisco where my son married his beautiful lady. Anyway, I contacted O about receiving shipped luggage and this is the reply I received: If you have arrange(d) to ship your luggage prior to sailing, we will need to know how many pieces and delivery day. We will need to forward this information in advance to the ship, a tracking number will be a great help, too.

This is from Dayami Lazo, Special Services Coordinator.

So it IS an option, as well as shipping to the Doubletree where we are staying the night before sailing.

Three months! We booked in February, so this is very exciting!

suemiks

Thanks for the advice! That's probably what we'll do.

Sue

I am doing the same next November. When I leave for Africa, I will ship a small package of cruise clothes to my Hotel in Rome. My TA has already spoken to them to confirm that this was acceptable.

Archived