Aghios Nikolaos

Our first Port of call is Aghios Nicholaos, will we be close enough to walk into the town, is there a beach nearby, not intending going out on a trip, just want to explore & chill out beach perhaps, any info? :confused:

No more than 500 yards into town to the 'lake' which apparently is good to walk around.. I don't know about the beach as I went on a excursion.

Our first Port of call is Aghios Nicholaos, will we be close enough to walk into the town, is there a beach nearby, not intending going out on a trip, just want to explore & chill out beach perhaps, any info? :confused:

This is from my review of the pearls of the Agean cruise I did:

A wonderful little port with all the main attractions within easy walking distance of the ship. Head right out of the port for about 100 yards and you come to 3 main shopping streets in front of you. Lots of tourist type shops selling the usual gifts. Each of these streets takes you up to a roundabout at the top of the street. Take a left at the roundabout down to a lovely sandy beach which is perfect for the kids to play and swim in.

Alternatively, when leaving port, take a left along the coast for a couple of hundred yards and you will come to a pebbled beach in a nice cove. Keep walking left along the winding coastal path the clings to the rocks for a further couple of hundred yards and you will come to the same sandy beach that I mention above without going through the shopping streets.

Basically one route takes you up and over the cliff to the sandy beach; the other takes you around the side to the same destination.

It would be very easy to break everything down into a morning afternoon session at Aghios Nikolaos. For instance you could visit the shops and lake Voulismeni in the morning, get back on board for some lunch and then visit the beach in the afternoon.

Thankyou so much for that reply, it is exactly what I want to do. It sounds lovely, how far would you think the walk was? In time rather than distance. :rolleyes:

The pebble beach is less than half a mile and the sandy beach less than a mile. They are both small mind you, about 100 yards wide:eek:

Archived