Those cute little sandwiches

Brenda33

My husband and I will be sailing on the Monarch of the Seas in June. We have previously sailed on the Explorer and they had those cute little sandwiches and cookies, etc. available on the Promenade pretty much all the time. Is there a place similar to this on the Monarch?

Not really. They severe a similar sandwich in the windjammer, but not exactly the same. They do have the cookies in the windjammer, but it is not open 24 hours a day. It is open a lot though. Sorrentos is open really late for snacks, just above the windjammer.

You should have a late night pool party also one night.

Here some pics from our trip in July

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/sets/72157624624861906/

Enjoy your cruise

My husband and I will be sailing on the Monarch of the Seas in June. We have previously sailed on the Explorer and they had those cute little sandwiches and cookies, etc. available on the Promenade pretty much all the time. Is there a place similar to this on the Monarch?

I have never been on Monarch, but I believe sandwiches and cookies are only available in the WJ during operating hours or perhaps latte'-tudes if you just want a cookie, though they may want you to purchase a coffee or such, but I guess you could ask. It's not as convenient on these smaller ships to grab a sandwich or cookie unless you want to do room service, but after midnight until 5 am there is a $3.95 charge I think.

Not really. They severe a similar sandwich in the windjammer, but not exactly the same. They do have the cookies in the windjammer, but it is not open 24 hours a day. It is open a lot though. Sorrentos is open really late for snacks, just above the windjammer.

Is Sorrentos free or do you have to pay for items?

Is Sorrentos free or do you have to pay for items?

Sorrentos is always free, but I am not sure this ship has one as it's not listed for that ship, maybe someone that has been on this ship can better answer this. Also, any ship I have ever been on with a Sorrento's just had pizza, no sandwiches or cookies.

Sorrentos is always free, but I am not sure this ship has one as it's not listed for that ship, maybe someone that has been on this ship can better answer this. Also, any ship I have ever been on with a Sorrento's just had pizza, no sandwiches or cookies.

It does have a sorrentos, they have pizza and a few desserts (sometimes they had cakes, sometimes cookies, etc).

The windjammer was open for breakfast until around 11am maybe, then it switched to lunch until around 2:30 maybe, then at 3 to 5 pm they had afternoon tea, which was a lot of different snack foods. From that time on, you had dinner at the windjammer or the MDR or snacks at sorrentos.

The MN has not had sandwiches in a long time......I used to love the pre made ones and the wraps.......when I asked the WJ manager,he said a lot went to waste so they dont have them:(

He did say sometimes they had them upstairs(across from Sorrentos) where the early morning grab and go station is...........but I never saw them.

The MN has not had sandwiches in a long time......I used to love the pre made ones and the wraps.......when I asked the WJ manager,he said a lot went to waste so they dont have them:(

He did say sometimes they had them upstairs(across from Sorrentos) where the early morning grab and go station is...........but I never saw them.

It was funny, when we went in July, my wife comes back to the table with what I thought were those little sandwiches. I open it up and it has everything but the meat :eek:

It does have a sorrentos, they have pizza and a few desserts (sometimes they had cakes, sometimes cookies, etc).

The windjammer was open for breakfast until around 11am maybe, then it switched to lunch until around 2:30 maybe, then at 3 to 5 pm they had afternoon tea, which was a lot of different snack foods. From that time on, you had dinner at the windjammer or the MDR or snacks at sorrentos.

I guess Monarch is one of those "odd" Sorrento ships, I wish Majesty had other types of snacks or desserts other than pizza in Sorrentos!

I guess Monarch is one of those "odd" Sorrento ships, I wish Majesty had other types of snacks or desserts other than pizza in Sorrentos!

My brain may be completely working wrong here, but I thought I recently read where the Majesty now had a little snack shop or snacks available or something :confused: I'll have to look around for that post, may be thinking of something else.

It was funny, when we went in July, my wife comes back to the table with what I thought were those little sandwiches. I open it up and it has everything but the meat :eek:
Maybe she made her own??

My brain may be completely working wrong here, but I thought I recently read where the Majesty now had a little snack shop or snacks available or something :confused: I'll have to look around for that post, may be thinking of something else.

You thinking of the Compass deli??? They have sandwiches,wraps,salads,etc..

Unless you're thinking of the Compass Deli, but its hours are limited. I like going for a late night snack around 10-11 pm and the only item available is pizza. I love pizza, but sometimes I like something sweet at night, so I have to take some cookies and such while the venues are open so I have something later to snack on.

We haven't been on Majesty since last year, but we'll be on her again next month so I'll be able to see any changes that have been made then, if any.

Archived