Information needed on a bus from Toulon to Le Castellet

Pink Lady One

I previously asked about a taxi, but I also found a bus schedule that says that Varlib Bus 8809 goes from Toulon to LaCastellet. However, it is in French so I am not sure if it runs in November. Plus, I am not sure where the bus stop is in both cities. I am looking for Friday, Nov. 26.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

I believe it said that there was a 8:48 am bus leaving Toulon and later a 1:20 bus leaving Le Castellet. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

What a responsibility for anyone who replies.

Only to try to help you with some translation, I reluctantly looked at the PDF info for that line, and it appears that Le Castellet has only the one stop, but that Toulon has 3 stops. One of the three is "gare routiere" which is the main bus station in Toulon. You would need to be familiar with both places to know the locations, although Le Castellet is small.

It is also slightly unclear because although the pdf supposedly shows winter timetable (hiver) the letter "E" above means "summer period" so it is not clear if this bus runs in winter as well as summer, school holidays and school terms. My feeling is that it likely does, but I asbsolutely would not want to tell you that it does when it may in fact not.

To be absolutely certain, I would definitely double check by contacting the Tourist Info Offices in both Toulon and Le Castellet. Ask about timings there and back, also the locations of the bus stops in relation to the ship. Compare their replies then decide.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived