Question / review of 9-19-10 Liberty sailing....

Hello,

I am back to work from my great cruise on the Liberty of the seas last week. I just wanted to ask a quick question before I talk about the trip. Has anyone ever noticed the water from the sink smelling on this ship? I was so bad that we had to use the melted ice water to brush our teeth. The shower water did not smell nor did the ice water. I mean the smell was so bad that I would refuse to turn it on other than to wash my hands. I was on deck 6 so I just was wondering if anyone on this ship has ever noticed it.

Anyway...

Other than that, this was the BEST VACATION I have ever taken!!! My boyfriend loved it so much that he booked a Transatlantic for next year at a really good price.

Pre Cruise:

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay (sorry for any typo's during this review, trying to type this on my lunch hour and eat. :D). We had a driver pick us up at FLL airport for only $75 (Palm Beach Limo) and he was AWESOME. He took us around the Bay area shops and showed us some places to eat and stuff. The construction at the hotel did not bother us at all. They were really nice and put us on the 22nd floor with a balcony for $99. We were in this really nice corner were the wind would get trapped and keep the area cool. Went to this place called the Blue Moon all the way at the bottom of the hotel and watched the boxing match on the 18th.

Day 1:

Got to the port early and still waited in a huge line. We got to the port around 10:45 am. I have never waited in so many lines for a vacation. I was fine with it because I was so excited but my boyfriend was not a big fan of the lines. After we got on the ship my mouth just dropped! WOW! After saying wow for at least an hour, my boyfriend and I searched where we could see some football games. I was so glad to see some other women in the "On the air" bar also searching. No skins game would be shown that day :( but still football is football and I was still happy. Got to our room and was really surprised that it was a really good size. I was thinking that it would be really small. Our Korbel and strawberries were delivered and was great for sailing away.

Day 2:

Woke up extra early to see the sun rise and make sure we had some one dollar bills for the room service at 7am. So nice to see the sun rise over the ocean. This was my boyfriends first cruise (my first was last year on Carnival. And I am not going back!) and he LOVED sitting out there and watching the world just pass by. After we got dressed and ate for the 2nd time (I know that is bad but I was on vacation so I felt obligated to do so :o) we went upstairs to the golf course and played around. We stayed in our room alot that day because I think we were just so tired from the first day. We just chilled out and watched movies on my laptop and took a couple of naps.

Day 3:

Still at sea on this day and we decided to learn the entire ship that day. We went everywhere! Saw some shows, ate some more food. Got some more drinks (by the way, I would highly suggest the wine package. LOVED IT!). I tried the Flowrider this day and had no luck. Just not for me. I fell like 2 seconds after the guy let go of my hand and then my bottoms were almost coming off :eek:. We went to the arcade and I beat my boyfriend like 3 times in air hockey (Even though we are alomst 30 we still like to act like big kids on our vacations. LOL)

Day 4:

St. Martin was our stop for the day. The night before we decided to purchase the ATV excursion and I was so glad we did. This was so cool! It was about $99 per person and it was for almost 4 hours. We drove them to Orient Beach and stayed there for an hour then drove back. After that we took a water taxi and went to the other side of the port and I got some Conch fritters. They looked like crab cakes but taste different. I loved them. I got them from a place called Greenhoue (I think). Great food!

Day 5:

San Juan was the stop for the day. I really did not like it too much. It was rainy and humid that day. We did take a van tour for $10 per person and learned alot about some of the hitstory of PR. The driver was really nice and took us to alot of land marks to take pictures. Then we went back to the ship and got ready for dinner (after a quick bite to eat)

Day 6:

Labadee was the stop for the day and I LOVED IT!! I made my boyfriend do the zip line and the roller coaster and I thought it was the greatest! The BBQ was not that great ( alot of bugs around).

Day 7:

Last day at sea :(. I was so sad this day. we decided at the last min that we would self disembark so that way we did not have to hurry and pack. We did everything we could do that day. Went swimming, played some games, went ice skating, ate at JR for the last time (I love their ice cream floats!) and just enjoyed our last dinner at the main dinning room with our last bottle of Korbel. What a way to end the cruise. The next morning we got off the ship and contacted our transportation who was there waiting for us (SAS transportation). Our flight to BWI was at 12 so we were REALLY early. So we hung around untill we could get thru the Security check point (FLL is kind of small). Around 11:00 the Rep for Airtran said tha tthe flight was oversold and wanted to know if there were two people willing to give up their seats. I looked at my boyfriend and we jumped up because I knew if we gave them up that they would give us an upgrade on the next flight. But instead the Rep said that she could give us 2 roundtrip tickets to go anywhere that they fly and put us in upgraded seats for our next flight that afternoon (little did I know that our 6pm fligth would be delayed 3 times and we would not get home till almost 11pm.) Oh well at least we got some tickets. Then I heard this morning that SW is bying Airtran (Of Course! So we hope that we can use those free tickets still)

Well that is the end of my review. It is not as good as some of the people on here but I tried to remember as much as I could (this is my first review, I will try to do better next time and include some pics. LOL) Thanks to everyone on the boards for being my GO TO place for answers. I was well prepared.

Archived