Does a Carnival employee monitor slide....

Christine in MO

My concern for your child is not the water. It's the height, where, if short enough, can spin, hit their head, exit the chute backwards, head on, all while you know your child.

A head injury in the middle of no where. Yes, you know your child.

Can you provide a source for this? I am not arguing your reason or doubting you, I just can't find anything in writing that states the reason for the height restriction. All I can see is that it ranges from 42 - 48" on different ships based on what the slide empties into - pool or not. If the slides are the same circumference then it should not matter, 42" would be the minimum height. Swimming ability should though.

Found this info on Carnival's web-site. Measured DD she is 45", pretty sure she is not going to grow 3 inches in the next 5 weeks.

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?

Carnival Twister waterslides that run into a pool have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment. (Elation; Paradise)

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Carnival Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor; Dream) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about. This will now include the Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fantasy due to Carnival Waterworks.

Use of the waterslide:

Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

And it clearly says the safety requirement is from the manufacturer of the slide

which also means that Carnival has insurance for that equipment that might be voided if the manufacturer directions are not followed

which means also that the employees are subject to get in trouble if the directions are not followed

I have been a member of this board for several years but it still amazes me how inconsiderate & rude people can be on this board over simple question. I'm not saying the rules don't apply to my children I was just curious because she is able to swim so I don't really understand the height restriction. I am her parent and as I have said before I would never allow my child to do something that I think is in anyway dangerous to her. Thanks to everyone who gave helpful answers but to those that choose to tell me how to raise my children thanks but no thanks. Going to put on my flame retardant suit now.....

If there is no one monitoring the slide then she will be going down it. If there is someone monitoring the slide she will attempt to go down it. And if denied so be it. If it is such an "important" rule as you all say then someone certainly will be monitoring the slide to ensure that the height limit is in fact enforced. We shall see......

Um you say you were just curious and you KNOW the rules apply to your children BUT you will be letting her unless Carnival posts a guard. See I was RIGHT when I called you out about being one of those parents who thinks the rules DON'T apply to her kids. It does not matter if their is a guard, there is a RULE and it it YOUR job as a parent to enforce it.

And yes I AM a parent. I am even a parent who would have LOVED to take her water loving baby in the often empty pool on the ship we just left but you know what? I did not, because the rule is in place for the safety on my child and the other guests.

My concern for your child is not the water. It's the height, where, if short enough, can spin, hit their head, exit the chute backwards, head on, all while you know your child.

A head injury in the middle of no where. Yes, you know your child.

Gee, a combination of Dr. Phil, Dr. Laura and Dr. Oz wrapped into one post :cool:.

And Trailercruiser, thanks for reminding me to add Oprah to the list as well.

I can hear the opening statement of the law suit now. " Carnival was negligent in the fact that no one was guarding the slide. Yes the height requirement was posted but since there was no guard, we felt it was safe to IGNORE it " .

Archived