Left a girlfriend, came back a fiance! Pictorial Liberty Western Review 9.11.10

TinkyPatz

I don't know if it's my computer or not, but I am unable to see your pictures Tinkypatz....have you changed the link or no?

Wow, you are right. I can't see the photos anymore either.

Maybe the OP decided she was revealing too much info on the world wide web.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm back!

I'll explain what happened in a bit, but first, I haven't changed the link to my pictures, I uploaded them to Imgur, if anyone has experience with that site, please help! I have no idea why they're not showing up... and I considered myself computer savvy... :rolleyes:

The sauces they had at the Mongolian Grill on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago were bean sauce (mild) Thai Barbecue (medium) and Szechuan (spicy). I always had the Szechuan' date=' but it wasn't too spicy.

Although the Fantasy is a smaller ship, there were never more than two people ahead of me in line, so it seldom took longer than about five minutes.[/quote']

Yes, those are the sauces they had on the Liberty. However, the line was always more than half an hour or so.

I too thought this was going to be a story of an onboard upgrade...I am an old married guy so need some entertainment....ok just going for the bad joke and only doing a reply so I can find this board. nice pix and review...as long as your guy is like me and does what he is told you will have a happy life together (that was for Mrs CANUCK she who must be obeyed)

Hahahaha, I thought this was hilarious! I'm future-Mrs. Trujillo and I, too, must be obeyed! :p

I'm loving all the pictures and the story. It sounds like you had a superduper time.

Not to be critical....I know that we all like to learn...the word is

fiancé for the fellow and fiancée for the gal. Your word needed the little accent acute to be perfectly perfect....LOL.

Also, I'm glad to hear that your could order a cheese plate to go at dinner. I love eating cheese in the evening..but am too full at dinner to include it. I will be treating myself next time...thanks for the hint!!

Anxiously awaiting the 'proposal'.....!!

Joyce :D

Oh, no, I love learning new things! Thanks for correcting me, I have been using the right words lately!

And yes on the cheese plate, you could take one everyday! They're fabulous with some wine for a late nick snack.

To everybody that loved the review and said congrats, THANK YOU! It would take too much time (hahaha, I hope you can see the humor in that :o) to reply one by one, but I have read every single post!

Now, there are some that I thought I should reply to:

My hubby and I just went to Alaska for our honeymoon too! We went on the Spirit in mid July this year. It was gorgeous. It was my first cruise and I loved the Spirit ship! Congrats on the engagement

and where is your review!?? I want to see some Alaska pics!

Didn't know you could get a cheese plate to go either...happy to hear this. We were in 8268 3x on the Spirit and once on the Miracle....our FAVORITE cabin!

We absolutely LOVED 8268, so close to everything!

Loving your review! We are taking the Liberty Oct 29/11 for our wedding cruise (getting married on the beach in St Thomas) so I am absolutely thrilled with your attention to detail and the many pics! If you have pictures of Harry's Steakhouse, please please post them all! We've rented the entire Steakhouse for our reception.

Unfortunately we never ate at the Steakhouse, since I had the gastric bypass it makes no sense for me to get a whole meal of my own since I will probably be able to eat maybe a quarter of it, if that! But I did look and it was gorgeous! Great place for a reception, I didn't know you could rent it out! Great, another option for this wedding... it's driving me insane! LOL

I am LOVING your review, love the details, the pictures ... and I'm not even planning on taking this ship, but might now. Thanks for the time and attention you're putting into the review and CONGRATS on the engagement! Marrying your best friend that makes you laugh ... nothing is better than that.

You are very welcome! and yes, I think I've gotten myself one of the few good men left in the world. I'm so blessed! YAY!

Loving your review, we have 97 more days to wait till our trip on her and it seems even more difficult than when there were 300 days! Your review with pics really helps, thank you!

The hardest wait for me was the last week! Its so close yet time is going by soooo slooowwwwly...

please, please, please, please....do not leave us hanging like this!!!!!!!!!! We are all going crazy waiting for the rest of your review. I know i check here at least 3 times a day looking for more.......please come back to us!!!!!

I'm so sorry! But I'm back for good :)

I hate to say this...but the wedding must be postponed until you're review is complete...You are driving us all insane...lol

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA, wedding planning has been occupying most of my time, but I have forced myself not to look at anything wedding related until I finish this! One thing at a time, right?

J. K. Rowling didn't take THIS long!

LMAO! Oh, come on! She took a YEAR in between books! I know, I waited for them! :p

I have most of the review written already (only missing the last 2 days) but I'm working on getting this situation with the pictures fixed. I need to resize and upload them somewhere else because, apparently, imgur only allows for 225 pictures at a time and I have way more than that!

Oh, but it's coming. Soon! :D

I am reading your review but for some reason I can't see any of the pictures...am I doing something wrong?

Congratulations on your engagement!

No, you're not doing anything wrong, I don't know why they're not showing up... I emailed both a Cruise Critic host and my image hosting site. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know!

If all else fails, I will post them again.

Now, onto the rest of the review!

I know, I know, I haven't updated this in way too long and here's the reason why: dear fiance misplaced (lost) the folder that contained all the Fun Times, along with all my notes for this cruise and our birth certificates. That, and I'm planning a wedding! So, after no rumpy pumpy for a week, jk, I have decided I'm going to finish this to the best of my abilities.

Day 2:

We had ordered breakfast to arrive from 9:00-9:45, I woke up at 9, took a shower and went to iron my dress and Jason's shirt for the first Elegant Night. When I came back it was 10am and the food wasn't there yet. I called and they said they were on their way. 10 minutes later we got very cold coffee and no sugar or silverware, so we decided to go upstairs and get something at the Lido. Once we got there I realized there was not one chair available near the pool/sea theater area. Nevertheless I was very happy to sit upstairs by the slide entrance because we could get both sun and shadow, a wonderful breeze and we were next to the slide.

p1120578640x480.jpg

p1120583640x480.jpg

p1120580360x480.jpg

p1120581640x480.jpg

After baking in the sun for a while we decided it was time for mini golf. We have a tradition were we have to play mini golf on every cruise at least once. So far I'm 2 for 2!

p1120585640x480.jpg

p1120586640x480.jpg

At about 2:45 we realized that it was tea time at 3, so ran to the room, changed, and ran to the Silver Olympian. There were only about 10 more people there and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The piano sounds with the warm tea and the view of the sea was very soothing. There were trays with finger foods such as cucumber sandwiches and also trays of delicious desserts. I suggest you try a couple, they were decadent!

p1120592640x480.jpg

p1120595640x480.jpg

p1120596640x480.jpg

p1120597640x480.jpg

p1120594640x480.jpg

After tea time we went back to the room to relax, and then got ready for Elegant Night. Before heading to dinner we stopped by the paparazzi bar and met Tommy! He is THE BEST bartender you will ever meet, hands down. Get him to write your name on a Martini glass! He is funny and knowledgeable, and remembered our names every time we went back. After we told him we got engaged, he called me Mrs. Trujillo whenever we saw him! He made me the paper rose in the picture. Oh, and he sings too!

p1120610640x480.jpg

Tommy will write your name on a Martini glass:

p1120607640x480.jpg

This is him

p1120611640x480.jpg

After that, we went to dinner and I had the spaguetti carbonara as a starter. It was really, really, good. Jason had the steak and the lobster. I can't remember what I had.

p1120612640x480.jpg

p1120620640x480.jpg

p1120619640x480.jpg

And here's Jason during the waiter's dance, lol!

p1120615640x480.jpg

And now, the not-so-exciting-for-you but the best day of my life, proposal:

By the time we were done with dinner, we only had half an hour to make it to the comedy show. Jason, however, wanted to take a stroll up on the open deck because he wanted to have a smoke. Well, me being the great girlfriend I am, went up the very wet, very windy deck in a pair of heels that were killing my feet. I find a bench to sit down and I notice that Jason is sweating profusely. It wasn't that hot! By now I know something is up. Then he starts asking me all kinds of random questions, like “Will you tie my tie forever?”, and I'm all like yeah, yeah, until he finally says “Well, the reason I'm asking you all these questions is” and he pulls a ring out of his pocket! “I want to know if you will be with me forever, will you marry me?”

Oh.

My.

God.

You don't even understand. This is the only man I've ever wanted to marry. I started to cry. He started to cry. But I noticed he wasn't giving me the ring! He was waiting for me to answer!... so when I said “yes” between tears, he finally put the ring on my finger, and this is when he went down on one knee. Well, it turns out that this is not my real ring, he wants to give me the real one in front of my mother and I haven't even seen it yet! Regardless, it was the most exciting moment of my life. I'm dying to get my second proposal already! I do know that the real ring is white gold with a square diamond. I was telling anyone and everyone that we passed along the way to our room that we were ENGAGED! People were looking at me like I was insane!

After getting engaged I felt like I needed some alcohol, lol, so we headed to the Origami bar and got the Martini special: 4 Martinis for $10, if I remember correctly. I think they were Chocolatetini, Tommy's Delight, Mangotini and something with Blue Curacao.

p1120625640x480.jpg

And with that, we went to bed ;)

p1120623640x480.jpg

Archived