Left a girlfriend, came back a fiance! Pictorial Liberty Western Review 9.11.10

TinkyPatz

Im happy for everything and love the pictures.... however every time I see the topic I chuckle a little...

The first time I read it as the OP left a girlfriend home and found someone else on the cruise and proposed.... :D

Sorry.... just found it amusing.

GRATS!

Im happy for everything and love the pictures.... however every time I see the topic I chuckle a little...

The first time I read it as the OP left a girlfriend home and found someone else on the cruise and proposed.... :D

GRATS!

As I started reading the topic I thought a guy left his girlfriend on the ship......:eek: Then I continued and saw came back a fiance...

I thought it was funny too.When ever I read it I chuckle too.

I can't wait for the OP to come back and finish. I want to hear about the proposal.

Hello guys! I've been slacking, I know! Life, mostly work, has gotten on the way. I actually just took my first break of the day (at 4:30pm :eek:) and came on here to do a tiny update and answer some questions/comments. I only have a little bit more already written, but the proposal is coming on night 2!! And, don't anybody worry about me forgetting details because I kept a journal of what we did everyday and I have all the cape... ahem! Fun Times, in case I need a little refreshing on the activities of the day.

I promise I will finish this SOON, but remember I'm also planning a wedding now! :D:D:D

Not one picture of the ATM machine? You have pictures of everything else including the refrigerator / microwave in your hotel. How could you forget the ATM machine?

DON

OOPS! How careless of me, I totally forgot... I'll take one just for you for next time! ;):D

Congrats on the engagement!! You should do a honeymoon cruise!!

This is the best review I've ever read! I've also never seen the Liberty ship before but your pictures are showing me most beautiful ship I've seen yet!

Thanks for the little details ~ I've been wondering exactly what the mongolian grill was about and what it offered. Your fish n' chips pic makes me HUNGRY!!

Keep it coming!!

Thank you! We are cruise-aholics, we are definitely doing a honeymoon cruise! Wrap-around balcony to Alaska, here we come! :)

Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. We just booked today for Jan 2012 (are we with you Froffie?) so this makes it all the more exciting. What cabin were you in?

Congrats on your engagement and yes marrying someone who makes you laugh is the best.Thanks, Kris

8268, balcony on port side. And, thank you!

You pics are great. I have always thought that size ship was to be avoided bc of the crowds' date=' but after seeing your pics, I sure has me thinking. I prefer the smaller ships. Perhaps. Some day, if the price is right, I'll try the larger ship. Great review. Congrats on the engagement. :p[/quote']

You know... this ship felt a little crowded but only at peak lunch/dinner times (and even then it wasn't that bad). Otherwise, it felt like every other ship I've been on, I was glad!

1.)The Mongolian is upstairs correct?

Can you tell me if they have sauces or oils to add? Be have a BD Mongolian restaurant here with many of those to choose from to cook order in & add flavor.

2.)Did it take a while or pretty fast like omelet station?

Burrito Bar salsas (same concept as the Mongolian Grill)

3.)The Burrito bar is new instead of Chinese window on some ships? Do choices change?

Do they have flour tortillas or rice? Love to put Mongolian Wok stuff in a tortilla or add rice.

1. It is not upstairs where the Fish n' Chips is. It's in the middle of the other 2 buffet stations, if in doubt just ask! They have 3 choices of salsas mild, medium, and spicy. The only one I can remember right now is something like Thai-Barbeque. You can ask for any combination or all of them if you want.

2. There were approx. 6 people in front of us when we stood in the line and it took about 15 minutes, I would say it takes a little longer than the omelet.

3. I only went to the burrito bar once but I believe the choices are always the same. They gave me a flour tortilla and they do have rice. If you just want a tortilla I'm sure they'll give it to you no problem.

Nice review... Thanks so much for the photos.. based on the ones you have posted so far...I think I am going to book her. I didnt know she had 2 pools...yayyyy. Also, I am going to send this to my friend in Iowa who is trying to twist her hubbys arm to go on a cruise.. he is being stubborn.. these may just sway him... Thanks and Congrats...

She has 3 pools! One right in front of the Seaside Theather, one next to the slide, and the Serenity pool for adults only in the back. Book the Liberty, you will love her!

People like details, and often ask about small little things like storage,where they ate,packing hints,excursions. Original poster is sharing her trip,her joy and being generous enough to type a review.

If you can't be positive don't bother with your 2cents.

It's ok, I didn't think it was offensive at all, you know why? Cause it took us a lot of asking around and driving to find the @#&*$ Wachovia ATM! LOL, I SHOULD have taken a pic! ;)

You were warned in the beginning that it was going to be veeeery detailed! :p

Great review and great pictures! I had forgotten how cool the Liberty is. I also loved the Conquest. I hope to be on the Liberty again next October.

I did a double take when I first saw your thread title which said something like "I left as a girlfriend and came back a fiance " My first thought was OMG! There was surgery on the trip!

Then I realized what you meant.

A fiance is a guy. A gal is a fiancee. :)

Again' date=' great review and I loved all the pictures. The person who made the ATM comment was totally out of line. :eek:[/quote']

Haha, I KNEW something was wrong with the word fiance, I figured it was unlikely we would both be "fiance" but I googled it and came up with alternate spelling, and now I know why! English is not my first language.

I had never tried the Mongolian Grill until my Fantasy trip on Sept. 18. I had no idea what I was missing and loved it. The "meat" selections change every day and they even had squid and mussels on several of the days. It's great, especially if you're trying to cut back a little bit at lunch. :) I'll be on the Splendor on October 17, and the Burrito Bar is delicious, too.

:eek: I had no idea the Mongolian Grill had other options! We only got to eat there once... next time!

GRATS!

As I started reading the topic I thought a guy left his girlfriend on the ship......:eek: Then I continued and saw came back a fiance...

I thought it was funny too.When ever I read it I chuckle too.

I can't wait for the OP to come back and finish. I want to hear about the proposal.

Hahaha, I didn't think about it that way, but now I'm sitting at work giggling, thank you for the laugh!

After sailaway, we went to the Origami Bar to grab some sushi. It was quite good, my only gripe is the wasabi. It wasn't a paste like it's supposed to be, it was more like a soup. Nonetheless I can't have sushi without wasabi so we made the best of it.

I am in love with these cucumbers

uNdCm.jpg

Q9Vxa.jpg

xXn22.jpg

Since we were full from the sushi, we decided to head to the Lido deck and catch the movie on the Seaside Theater. It was Old Dogs. Jason went to have a smoke and while I was lounging on my chair he whistled at me. Whistled! In front of people! Alas, it was for a good reason, when I went up the stairs to meet him, I saw one of the most gorgeous sunsets ever. I didn't have my camera with me so we just sat there and took it all in. We were on vacation, no one to answer to, no work, no phones, nothing but bliss for the next 7 days.

We went back to our room, took a shower and headed to dinner at 8:30. We requested a table for 2 and they had us stand to the side until our names were called, no more than 10 minutes. I can't remember the appetizers (I think it was tomato soup), and it was delicious, think and hearty. For our entrees I had the broiled Mahi-Mahi with seasonal veggies, and Jason had the flat iron steak. The Mahi was under seasoned, but everything else was good. For dessert I had the crème brulée, that was oh SO good, it was light and creamy and the caramelized sugar on top gave it the perfect sweetness. We also got a cheese plate to go, for some cheese and wine on the balcony later.

This was the soup

4tubp.jpg

5zEtU.jpg

After dropping off our cheese plate in the room, we headed to the Welcome Aboard Show. It was great, some singing and dancing, and we got a little taste from the first comedian. He was excellent and we laughed a lot, so we decided to go see him the next night.

Cheese plate

RC3LI.jpg

With that, we filled out our breakfast card for 9:00-9:45, and went to bed at around midnight.

Next: Second day at sea and proposal!

They have 3 choices of salsas mild, medium, and spicy. The only one I can remember right now is something like Thai-Barbeque. You can ask for any combination or all of them if you want.

The sauces they had at the Mongolian Grill on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago were bean sauce (mild) Thai Barbecue (medium) and Szechuan (spicy). I always had the Szechuan, but it wasn't too spicy.

Although the Fantasy is a smaller ship, there were never more than two people ahead of me in line, so it seldom took longer than about five minutes.

Haha, I KNEW something was wrong with the word fiance, I figured it was unlikely we would both be "fiance" but I googled it and came up with alternate spelling, and now I know why! English is not my first language.

:eek: I had no idea the Mongolian Grill had other options! We only got to eat there once... next time!

And fiance and fiancee aren't even English... they're French words. :)

I gained less weight on the Fantasy than on any other cruise I've taken, and I credit a lot of that to having all my lunches at the Mongolian Grill. Of course, I also took a pedometer and walked at least two miles a day on the ship.

I too thought this was going to be a story of an onboard upgrade...I am an old married guy so need some entertainment....ok just going for the bad joke and only doing a reply so I can find this board. nice pix and review...as long as your guy is like me and does what he is told you will have a happy life together (that was for Mrs CANUCK she who must be obeyed)

I'm loving all the pictures and the story. It sounds like you had a superduper time.

Not to be critical....I know that we all like to learn...the word is

fiancé for the fellow and fiancée for the gal. Your word needed the little accent acute to be perfectly perfect....LOL.

Also, I'm glad to hear that your could order a cheese plate to go at dinner. I love eating cheese in the evening..but am too full at dinner to include it. I will be treating myself next time...thanks for the hint!!

Anxiously awaiting the 'proposal'.....!!

Joyce :D

Archived