1A on Freedom

eyeamacruiser

The room in the back might get vibrations from the engines, been there, done that, and the room in the front will get a lot of bow noise from the waves hitting the bow, been there done that. All in all not bad for the money. In room 2208 this year. Won't be much better, just up 1 floor. Have fun.

I would always pick a porthole over an 'interior' - has 1211 on the Valor and was not affected by the motion - but I guess it depends on the 'seas'? If possible, I would choose a 1A porthole on the 'starboard' side as you will hear the anchor dropping on the port side (if it's a tender port) and I understand it sounds like a freight training going thru your cabin!:D

2369087140059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

I stayed in 2212 which is exactly one floor up...It was a great value! You can feel the ship moving a little more than other areas on the ship...we felt a gentle rocking and had calm seas...It wasn't too bad....you can definitely hear the anchor going down on the mornings of port days...Its not that big of a deal if u are an early riser (which I am) or if you are able to go back to sleep after it wakes u up...It is Extremely loud....I would rather stay in a 1a and get natural light vs a regular inside though...

Enjoy!

Has anyone been on the Freedom in cabins 1435 or 1212? I am considering going to a 1A. Is the movement in 1212 that bad or is it tolerable? These have the portholes. The area that 1435 is in is right next to the aft elevators. Which would you all recommend?:D

Don't even bother with 1435. It's one of the small 160 sq.ft. rooms. 1212 will be a bigger room, and you get portholes. There will be more motion there versus midship. If that's an issue for you, I recommend getting a 4B interior, Riviera deck, midship. It'll be a little bit more than a 1A (usually around $30-$40pp extra), but you'll get 2 regular beds that can be pushed together, instead of just one bed plus an upper or sofa bed. And if you are prone to motion sickness, that extra money would be money very well spent.

Are you sailing solo? If not, I would definitely suggest getting a category PT, which has 2 regular beds that can be pushed together (if you want). Even if you are sailing solo, a PT room would be well worth an extra $20 ($40 after the supplement) as opposed to a 1A that doesn't have portholes, like 1435.

The room in the back might get vibrations from the engines, been there, done that, and the room in the front will get a lot of bow noise from the waves hitting the bow, been there done that. All in all not bad for the money. In room 2208 this year. Won't be much better, just up 1 floor. Have fun.

I've also stayed in 2208. It was a great room for traveling solo with just 1 bed and a couch. However, after that cruise, I have not booked a room in the very front of the ship since. The noise and vibrations in the morning when the anchors were lowered were awful!

I have booked 1207 on Freedom. Has anyone been in there?:D

That room is right below the room I was in. I promise, you will not need a wake up call. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived