Moby Dick or Native Ways

HappyHappy1

I booked with Native Way for our cruise in June. The only thing that I am worried about is the time we are to meet. Our ship is supposed to be there by 8:00 and my confirmation information says to meet our tour guide by 8:45, as our tour begins at 9:00. I am worried about getting there on time, since we tender to the island.
Things can always happen, but since all of the ships tender they are pretty efficient in GC. Plus the tour operators know what to expect for your arrival since everyone that books with them is in the same 'boat' as you.

I booked with Native Way for our cruise in June. The only thing that I am worried about is the time we are to meet. Our ship is supposed to be there by 8:00 and my confirmation information says to meet our tour guide by 8:45, as our tour begins at 9:00. I am worried about getting there on time, since we tender to the island.

GC can be tricky because of time zones. Your 8:00 am arrival might not be 8 local time, it might only be 7 am. Depends on the ship. This happened to us. We rushed off for a tour only to find we were an hour early.

Just something to keep in mind.

My sister and I booked with Nativeways two years ago and had a blast on the Ray, Reef, and Rum Point tour My co-worker sailed two weeks ago and booked a tour with them for 21 of her family members after I recommended them. She says I'm the hero of their family. All her family members raved about the trip and thought it was the highlight of their whole cruise.

We used Moby Dick a year ago and had a great time, this is an excerpt from my Conquest review

In Grand Cayman, we booked a stingray excursion directly with Moby Dick Tours. This was greatly entertaining and well managed. When we got to the sandbar, there were a lot of boats there and Mark elected to reverse the snorkeling and stingrays. The snorkeling was nearby on a reef with a fair amount of fish, coral and even some eels. The kids thought it was great once they got accustomed to it. Despite making a note to do so otherwise, we had never had them practice and learning in the open ocean is a bit more difficult. We brought our own masks and snorkels although the ones that Moby dick had available were very good quality (a lot of people just brought snorkels). We then went over to the stingrays. We had plenty of squid to feed, the guides made sure everyone got to feed, hold and kiss the stingrays. This was our favorite excursion overall. Afterwards, on the recommendation from the tour owner, we stopped at restaurant called Rack ‘Em for lunch which was about half a block from the cruise terminal. Although a bit pricey, the food was very good and they offered a ladder down into the bay where we did some more snorkeling. We saw a lot of sea life and enjoyed it almost as much, if not more than the snorkeling at the reef.

Pictures can be found here

Looked at your pictures - FUN! Couldn't help but notice ALL the people there - looked like a Carnival excursion..Were they all from the Moby Dick boat or were several boats there at once?

Hi Rita/KY

Just returned from December cruise on HAL - booked this on our own - no worries with Native Way. Honestly, they are a class act.

We were on the tour boat the "My Way" and only had 12 people (that included us). Our crew/guides were Solomon, JC and Everton. Solomon met us at the port.

Just make sure you get one of the first tenders off of the ship. Once you tender to port (only takes about 5-7 minutes) you will walk through a pavilion before you get to the main street - Solomon was there with a sign (Its round and read Native Way Watersports) upon our tender arrival. After we were grouped we walked a short way to a bus that took us for a shot ride to the boat dock and we were off. Arrived at Stringray City before most tours did - that was great. Did some additional snorkeling thereafter at the reef and if you haven't already been Rum Point..it is wonderful - it should be warm in June - it was a bit cool in December. Have a great time. I cannot wait to go back!!!

Happy Sails

• 2 weeks later...

Our family group of 14 just returned from a private charter with Native ways. 8 adults and six kids from 11 to 2. Chris an Andrew were wonderful especially with the kids, taking special pains with all. Can't recommend highly enough.

I did the Rays, Rumpoint, Reef Tour with Native ways. It was about 3 years ago on Carnival Liberty. It was one of the best tours I've ever been on. We are going to grand Cayman in May of this year again and we hope to go on the same tour. Rumpoint is perfect. And the stingrays are just unreal. What a day! Can't wait!

Just returned from our cruise. We did use Moby Dick and were pleased. Only 1 snorkeling stop and stingrays, but we had more time for each than most of the other boats out there. We passed Stingray City to snorkel first because it was so crowded, and had only a few other boats there when we returned. Probably 25 or so folks in our group. Only negative was the old school bus they used for transportation, but it wasn't bad. Our boat crew had personal relationships with some stingrays and one even plays with a moray eel at the reef. I'm hoping at least one of my eel pictures came out.

You'll probably enjoy any of the operators mentioned here. We certainly enjoyed our guys.

I did the Rays, Rumpoint, Reef Tour with Native ways. It was about 3 years ago on Carnival Liberty. It was one of the best tours I've ever been on. We are going to grand Cayman in May of this year again and we hope to go on the same tour. Rumpoint is perfect. And the stingrays are just unreal. What a day! Can't wait!

Could you tell me what Rumpoint was like and how long did it take you to get there from Stingray city? Thanks!

Archived