Cabin 8061 - Summit

Vmalcolm

Has anyone stayed in this cabin recently on the Summit? I just upgraded to a C2 and picked that cabin after reviewing the Celebrity website to be certain it was not obstructed, and the site did not indicate that it was (of the available cabins, it indicated 8072 and 8067 were partially obstructed). I did a search on these boards and found that in 2007 it was partially blocked along with 8063 by the window washing equipment. I've read a couple a subsequent review by someone else who had the cabin on a European cruise and they made no mention of it. I'm hoping it has moved! Let me know if you've had this cabin recently!

Thanks!

Valerie

I found this info when I googled this cabin number...sorry to be the bearer of not so great news.

"Beware Summit CC8063 and 8061 "Hi everybody,

first of all, thanks for the great info you share withy the world at large. This is a great board and you make it so. I thought I'd contribute my bit as well, after having being a silent bustander for many months.

I am presently on the Summit, cruising Alaska southbound to Vancouver. I booked a CC cabin (8063) ten months ago, when the choice was still very wide, choosing carefully its location, and reading every post imaginable to discover some hidden fault. Guess what - the window washer is parked between my cabin and cabin 8061, so that it faces forward in my cabin and aft in 8061. It's a big ugly crane, which juts out - and you see it from practically everywhere in the room and the balcony. Needless to say, Celebrity does not list this cabin as having partial visibility and I paid the top price for it. What makes things even more jarring is that the ship is lovely and the crew superbe, working very hard to make your vacation a special one. Even the weather has been exceptional. So coming back to the cabin every day has a oh-shucks feeling every time anew. You ccan imagine what it was seeing Hubbard glaciers really close, under sunny skies, from behind metal bars. The company's policy is being, unluckily, one of "let's behave as if the problem is not there and maybe it'll go away" , one I have noticed from time to time in this forum. The first time I enquired whether it was going to move, they said they'll check. When they didn't get back to me, I enquired again, to be told the problem had been forwarded to the head office. When I contacted Hotel Manager, I was told this thing wasn't going to move ("It has been there quite a while" even more irritating - you could have TOLD me), and heard many cooing noises but no effectual answer. I have been offered a 10% discount on a future cruise - which actually means I might be paying 90% to get a cabin with another hidden fault, with a discount they anyway offer on a quasi standard basis, and told if I wish to get some other form of reimburse I will have to pursue this problem after the end of the cruise, which is extra silly, because it makes me more angry at them, and not less.

So if any of you people have booked these cabins, do set your TAs right away onto Celebrity and check carefully the situation (since this things has wheels and is placed on railings) NOW. Also check the cabins on top of these ones, since the top part of the crane (a kind of working platform) is in front of them too, even if it seems it would provide less of an abstacle.

There three more of these window washers another one in front and two aft, all in front of cabins, but I can't be more precise as to their position."

Yeah, that's the one I read, but I believe it was from 2007 and what I've found posted since then that mentioned either cabin didn't mention the view being obstructed. I'm assuming it must have moved down to 8067/8069 because those are listed as obstructed now. At least that's my hope!

Thanks,

Valerie

Archived