Can't find a cruise

maytojuly

I've been looking for a less than 7 night cruise with either Royal Caribbean or Carnival. The dates need to be sometime in August 2011, from Florida to the Caribbean. When I've searched both site there's nothing coming up for shorter cruises after April 2011. Last year I booked around now for the next year and there was lots of choice. Does anyone know why they aren't on the web, or am I doing something wrong. Please help, I NEED to book something:)

Call the cruise lines and ask them. Both lines prevent any TAs from offerring a lower price now so you won't find a lower price. They can give you all the info you need and you don't have to book with them if you don't want to. I know the Fantasy, from Charleston, SC does shorter than 7 day cruises year round. Carnival also has a ship doing short cruises from Port Canaveral on a yearly basis too.

It's quite possible that Royal Caribbean won't do any shorter Florida to Caribbean cruises in the summer. Many of their ships go to Europe for the summer and the week long cruises probably make more sense for them in the summer since so many people take longer summer vacations. Carnival doesn't send any of its Florida based ships to Europe and you may have better luck with them. I think the Freedom is their one new ship that rotates six and eight day cruises. There are the smaller older ships that do shorter cruises in the summer. Carnival will have some. You just have to look.

I see lots of short cruises from Florida in August 2011:

RCCI Majesty of the Seas

RCCI Monarch of the Seas

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Destiny

Dunno why you are having trouble finding these cruises listed.

I've been looking for a less than 7 night cruise with either Royal Caribbean or Carnival. The dates need to be sometime in August 2011, from Florida to the Caribbean. When I've searched both site there's nothing coming up for shorter cruises after April 2011. Last year I booked around now for the next year and there was lots of choice. Does anyone know why they aren't on the web, or am I doing something wrong. Please help, I NEED to book something:)[/QUO

Carnival has twenty one cruises that meet your requirements, ranging from four to six nights. If you were willing to go for seven nights, I'm sure that there would be a lot more. Most of these cruises leave from Miami, but there are two sailings from Ft. Lauderdale and four from Tampa. Ships are Imagination, Destiny, Inspiration and Freedom.

Any respectable travel agent should be able to give you this information and book a cruise. If they can't help, book directly with the cruiseline. While the TA might not be able to givr you a lower price, they might be able to provide shipboard credits, although I don't know if these are usually available on shorter cruises.

I see lots of short cruises from Florida in August 2011:

RCCI Majesty of the Seas

RCCI Monarch of the Seas

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Destiny

Dunno why you are having trouble finding these cruises listed.

It could be that you consider the Bahamas to be the Caribbean while cruise lines and search engines do not consider that to be the case.;)

Archived