What to do between Port Canaveral and Orlando?

We will coming off the Freedom using the luggage valet service with a flight out of Orlando at 2pm.

What time will the latest time we can disembark with a 2pm flight? I'm sure it is different for each ship, so Freedom specific would be helpful if anyone has used luggage valet.

I'm sure we will have at least a couple of hours to kill between disembarking and needing to be at the airport (assuming a 12:30-1pm arrival). Any ideas on something to do if we had a rental car?

Take a surfing lesson

Plenty of surfing schools on Cocoa Beach, they'll supply all you need along with a nice foam board, which is easy to surf on. Foam boards are like giant boogie boards

RonJon is one of the more expensive, shop around and you can find better deals

Airboat is one option

Kennedy Space Center is another

There are several sport fishing charters available at Port Canaveral, just need to see what their times would be

If you like fishing and can't do the sport fishing boat (time issue), there is a pier at Port Canaveral called Jetty Park, and you can rent fishing gear at the shop there and fish off the pier.

I agree with the above poster regarding security lines at MCO. It is the one airport I really do arrive 2 hrs prior to departure, even when I have a luggage valet service. I don't like waiting around airports any longer than I need to, but security lines at MCO can get backed up.

I live in the port canaveral area and when flying out of OIA I usually plan to arrive to the airport about 2 hours early. 2 reasons, only 1 way to get there from port canaveral (unless you want to drive out of the way a lot) and you never know when they'll be an accident. the second, is the security lines. but if you do have time, the airboat should be a great tour.

Archived