Suite Guarantee

Cruise Rookie

So we booked a suite cat11 for our 4/24/05 conquest sailing - for $100 less, they offered me a suite guarantee of cat11 or 12.

Enticing, but what are the chances of actually getting the cat12 ?

I just dont want to end up with the same cat. in a worse location then what we already booked.

Any input would be appreciated regarding the "upgrade" procedure.

In my opinion, getting a Cat 11 Guar. is a safe bet.

The worst thing that could happen is you get put in a suite. They are all on the Empress deck except for 2 on the Lido (those 2 go fast). It's not like other Cats where you may get any fllor in any location. You will always get a room in a good location. If you get lucky, you may get a 12.

I am sailing on a Cat 11 Guarantee next week on the Glory...I ended up with room 7242...

It looks to me like the worst place you could end up is by the elevators, and if it were me, for $100 per person, I'd take that chance. That's a lot of money. We booked a suite guar. on our last trip, and ended up in an 11. I don't know how many get upgraded to a 12, but, for that kind of money, I'd take the risk. Just my opinion though.

I know that with four of us on both the Fantasy class and Conquest class, we're going to get a cat 12 when we book a suite gty since cat 11 max out at 3 passengers. It saves us enough $ on the price that it makes it worth the risk of getting a cabin that's not our first choice (as and example the gty suite price for your sailing is $1299.00pp, the cat 12 is 1999.00pp. That $1400.00 can buy alot of stuff!

I personally don't see a 'bad' Cat. 11 on the ship... :)

If you would be saving $100.pp taking a GTY Cat. 11 or possibly a Cat. 12, it looks like a win/win situation to me.. Cat 12's are prime real estate on the Conquest.. sure would be nice to have the Cat 12, but the Cat 11's are nice too. We had a Cat. 11 on the Triumph, and it was a 'forward' suite, but really nice.. I'd take it again in a heartbeat.. :D

If you really want a mid-ship cabin, then maybe the specific cabin would be best for you.

You certainly don't want to be disappointed in your decision.. ;)

we have always had a suite on our past cruises, there is no other way to travel (haha) and we are already booked for one of the two suites on the Lido deck (which the more I hear about is the place to be) so I guess all should be well.

I was just wondering how many people actually get the cat12 suites when they only pay 1200 - the only difference between the 11 and the 12's is a few more sq ft anyway.

thanks everyone!

Archived