Alaska Infinity with Kids

SkiCruiser44

We are thinking about taking our grandkds ages 10 & 11 to Alaska next summer the first week of June and wondered if there would be many kids on board at that time? Also are there enough activities for them on the sea days in the Kids Program - they are bright kids who do know how to entertain themselves.

We've sailed Infinity before and know the ship but without young kids so we didn't pay a lot of attention to what there was for kids to do.

Thanks.

We have sailed Celebrity several times with out kids, including the Infinity (to Hawaii) and the Mercury to Alaska.

All the Celebrity ships have plenty of fun things for the kids to do, though not the big activities like skating and rock climbing on RCCL. Board games, scavenger hunts, dodge ball, arts and crafts, family bingo, things like that.

On the Alaska cruises you will have things like Whale watching and glacier watching.

My kids love Celebrity. Often they have been two of only a handful of kids, but on the Alaska cruises you are likely to have 100 to 200 kids. They'll have plenty of counselors to keep things properly supervised. Hope you book and have a great time with your grand kids.

I would think the very first week of June most children would still be in school. In Florida, they don't get out until the end of the first full week where my daughter teaches. I'm sure Celebrity has great children's programs. As Cruise Arizona says, maybe not the bigger activites, but I think Alaska would be a wonderful experience for anyone.

I would agree with the other posters - once summer vacation has started there will be plenty of kids and your grandchildren will have a wonderful time in Alaska. We took our children three years ago and our cruise left Vancouver on June 23rd (ours finish school mid-June). I believe there were around 200 kids aboard. I would think though that there are fewer schools already out the first week of June and not many people would pull their kids from school at that time of year.

Lisa

Archived