weather/climate in Galveston

Last year we went to Galveston in February. It was quite cold. I'm from Colorado, and I was surprised.

I liked Galveston a lot actually. It is really a neat little town with a lot of character. And we are planning on spending a little more time before the cruise because we liked it so much.

I did want to know whether 1) this cold snap in the middle of February was abnormal and since we're returning the end of March, willthe weather be a little milder? We came around the time Dallas got snow last year.

Thank You in Advance :)

Marcia

Hi Marcia:

Galveston had an exceptionally cold winter last year. I do believe it was a test for the survival of the fittest in plant life:( We had Ike in September 2008 which covered everything with salt water, then we had a drought all summer followed by several winter freezes. Whatever survived is now allowed to grow in our garden:p

Typically we have mild winters with a rainy season in February with mild days and cool nights. This all depends on the fronts from the North. With no mountains between us and Canada, the cold weather has a direct path to the gulf coast.

However, weather is one of those things that is left up to mother nature and impossible to predict.

Archived