Biera pleas help !!!

Hi firstly let me thank you for all the wonderful information you provide i think the tourist information centre should pay you for the wonderful service you provide.Ok heres my question we are im madeira for the day on the 28th october and are thinking of spending the day at the Santa Cruz aquaparque on there website it says open til 31st of october do you know if this is accurate,it looks like a great cheap day out then we are going to walk into santa cruz for something to eat,any suggestions for eating places and things to see in santa cruz would be much appreciated.keep up the good work and again i say thank you.

John x

Hello Johnny,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I try to do my best, helping anybody who needs some guidance on how to spend their day on our island. The Tourist Information centre pays me nothing, of course... they don't even know I exist LOL.

Ok, now on to your question - I think the Santa Cruz Aquapark really open until the 31st October, but I'll call them tomorrow to make sure and then I'll let you know.

Santa Cruz is a very small town, much more like a village I must say, but if you appreciate small quiet places, you'll probably enjoy spending some time there. It'll take you about 20 minutes to walk from the aquapark to the centre of Santa Cruz.

For your lunch, just choose any restaurant that takes your fancy. In relation to things to see, there's the church, but I'm not sure it'll be open, just go have a look.

Santa Cruz is where Madeira airport is situated, so you may well have the chance to see some airplanes flying just above your head.

Good morning Johnny,

I just called the Aquapark and the lady said they'll eventually close this month, but she's not sure when. She advised me to call them closer to the day of your visit, to find out if they'll still be open.

Let me know when you're leaving, so that I post my answer here in advance.

Archived