What im planning for cabo, what do you think? enough time?

cruisin_cutie

were in cabo for a day in dec, but were only there from 7a to 3p. I have a feeling we wont get off the boat till 10a, due to late night festivities :p. then, i have to factor in a ship/port time change if there is one.

what we'd like to do is this:

booked johann&sandras lovers beach snorkel thing. its at your own sched, and i cant see us snorkeling and beaching it there for any more than 2 hrs.

then, we'd like to head to the popular beach strip for some food and drinks and a little partying.

we'd also like to do some parasailing (maybe better before the food, drinks and partying!! lol).

do you think we'll have enough time for that with out running around like chickens w/ our heads cut off? i am paranoid that we will miss the last tender.

also, can anyone clear up the whole ship time vs port time issue for me? if there is a difference, what is it?

thanks!

sounds like a great plan. You could save $ & cut out the lovers beach. Seems over rated to us, and Cabo snorkel is marginal, and the water can be cold. The two main central cabo attractions seem to be Medano Beach, and the marina boardwalk. From Medano you can parasail and party hard, and then a stroll along the marina boardwalk for the views and greeting of your fellow passengers in the many marina front cafe's, is our central cabo duet. On our next visit we plan to pick up nibbles & sips from a market, and head to Medano, and then rent beach chairs near the mango deck entertainment stage to view the debauchery up close, yet economically.

Medano Beach Mango Deck show (see the folks nearest to the water... free show!)

medanobeach2.jpg

Marina Boardwalk cafe's (the cafe below is right near the tender line, we wait till the tender line is minimal, and jump back aboard on the last few tenders)

boardwalk9.jpg

Marina Boardwalk cafe's (greeting our fellow passengers is our Cabo grand finale')

boardwalk1.jpg

Cabo's beautiful bay

mountaintop2.jpg

Lovers beach in the center background of pic below

loversbeach1.jpg

sounds like a great plan. You could save $ & cut out the lovers beach. Seems over rated to us, and Cabo snorkel is marginal, and the water can be cold.

I know lovers beach is kinda touristy, but we really want to snorkel. because of how our sched works and money wise, this seems like the best choice for us. and, as we've never been to cabo we dont mind hitting a tourist spot!

From Medano you can parasail and party hard.

this sounds perfect, we will def check out the parasailing here.

Medano Beach Mango Deck show (see the folks nearest to the water... free show!)

medanobeach2.jpg

I read about this place in another one of your posts! sounds like crazy fun, just up our alley :p

Marina Boardwalk cafe's (the cafe below is right near the tender line, we wait till the tender line is minimal, and jump back aboard on the last few tenders)

boardwalk9.jpg

This sounds like a great idea! might just have to make this the last cabo stop :D

are there vendors to buy cheap trinkets from all over this area?

p.s. i love your posts!!

Not to worry. There are lots of vendors to buy cheap trinkets from. Along the marina board walk - the vendors now are outside the fenced area but will come around if you see something you like. Also, vendors on Medano Beach. Also, there is a large building in the marina area that is an indoor flea market of sorts. One thing you will never have to worry about in Mexico is buying trinkets -LOL.

Keep in mind, if you decide to go to Lover's Beach to snorkel there are no restroom facilities or any facilities of any kind - just a stretch of beach. It is actually quite beautiful there but I like to tell folks this because I'm always looking for a bathroom!

Enjoy your time in Cabo and eat, drink, and be merry!

were in cabo for a day in dec, but were only there from 7a to 3p. I have a feeling we wont get off the boat till 10a, due to late night festivities :p. then, i have to factor in a ship/port time change if there is one.

booked johann&sandras lovers beach snorkel thing. its at your own sched, and i cant see us snorkeling and beaching it there for any more than 2 hrs.

then, we'd like to head to the popular beach strip for some food and drinks and a little partying.

we'd also like to do some parasailing (maybe better before the food, drinks and partying!! lol).

do you think we'll have enough time for that with out running around like chickens w/ our heads cut off? i am paranoid that we will miss the last tender.

also, can anyone clear up the whole ship time vs port time issue for me? if there is a difference, what is it?

thanks!

Your ship will probably be on Pacific time, whereas Cabo is on Mountain Time (only one hour's difference)

Parasailing: Medano Beach is a good option. You can also Parasail through vendors near the cruise docks.

The advantage (dis-advantage?) of the parasailing at the cruise docks is that they will take you out in the boat, and you take off and are retrieved on the boat...you will not even get wet. Medano beach you will take off from the beach. Both are good.

Snorkling? With only a few hours in Cabo, Lover's Beach is a good bet.

You can either book in advance (your choice of johanne&sandra is good, we have used them three times, and have always been happy), or find a boat at the Marina, which will probably be cheaper.

Partying? Medano beach is a great place to watch and party. No question. You can catch a water taxi to the beach for about $4pp. You can walk to Medano, but it is a long walk, and for $4pp, my opinion is the water taxi.

For partying, you might also want to wander down (6 or 8 blocks from the cruise docks) to the Giggling Martin, the partying there is often rated PG (or above)...a water taxi to Medano Beach would be my choice, though.

You're cutting it pretty close to the bone, however. Seven hours is not much time.

I don't know what your other ports are, but we have parasailed in Vallarta and Mazatlan, where we had a lot more time....(but then too, we partied in both Vallarta and Mazatlan!)

Cabo is a party town....and we do love to party while in Cabo!

thanks!

About 100 yrds north of Lovers beach is Pelican Beach.& is better for snorkeling. The watertaxi will take you to wherever you want. The beach is smaller but much more fish around the giant rock that is just offshore. Just watch out for boat traffic it gets pretty haevy in that whole area. Medano Beach is good for parasailing and partying, Billygans,The Office & Mango are about the same. Food is so, so drinks are good. Just stay away from the waterdown tequila shots & sugary jello shots they push. We stay at Billygans, beach chairs & umbrellas are free with a purchase. A bucket of six beers will cost you $15. The only problem with Medano is the Vendors. They will constantly hound you. This beach is nicknamed "NO GRACIAS BEACH" because that is what you will be saying all day. It's not as bad if you stay back away from the water & closer to the bar.

thanks!

Hi

We kayaked out to El Arco and then stopped at Lovers Beach. From memory the snorkelling wasn't anything special (compared to the Caribbean) but the water was warm and it was still great fun. I like your schedule !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have watched you Kayaking You-tube several times.. We really want to do this. Do you happen to remember who you booked this trip with? Was the water very rough? We kayak on "quiet Waters" in the Northeast of the USA and what to be sure we will be fine.

Thanks, Lisbeth

sounds like a great plan. You could save $ & cut out the lovers beach. Seems over rated to us, and Cabo snorkel is marginal, and the water can be cold. The two main central cabo attractions seem to be Medano Beach, and the marina boardwalk. From Medano you can parasail and party hard, and then a stroll along the marina boardwalk for the views and greeting of your fellow passengers in the many marina front cafe's, is our central cabo duet. On our next visit we plan to pick up nibbles & sips from a market, and head to Medano, and then rent beach chairs near the mango deck entertainment stage to view the debauchery up close, yet economically.

boardwalk9.jpg

Marina Boardwalk cafe's (greeting our fellow passengers is our Cabo grand finale')

boardwalk1.jpg

The Marina Boardwalk Cafe was one of our favorites, as well, but we spent a week in Cabo last month, and alas, the Cafe is gone!

All new pavers and it appears new construction there, but the cafe, no more.

All that is left is Senor Frog's. Down, just a bit is another open area Cantina, but we've never been in. It looks good, though.

Archived