Adventures on the Carnival Conquest… a review of the Sep 26 7 day cruise to Cozumel

*Mach*

I will cruise the Conquest early in Oct. Just have to sail her one more time since the Magic may be a little big for me:o

great review, lovin every minute.

I can honestly say I will cry when the Ecstasy leaves. I love her.

I am not real excited about the Magic, and don't plan to sail on that one...too big!

I will have to hope that the Triumph satisfies me, or I'll have to fly to sail.

Although I sleep very little I sleep more than normal on a ship. Perhaps the Carnival Comfort Collection is kinder to my nasty back or perhaps it’s that I don’t have a care in the world. Whatever the reason I woke at about 3:45, collected my wits and wandered out onto the balcony to look at the sea. I found a sea that thought it was a lake… or maybe a pond or puddle. There were no waves, only ripples that reflected the stars like a shimmering mirror. I’ve seen this once before approaching Grand Cayman. The water looked more solid than liquid, polished and firm belying its true nature. I stood there in slack jawed amazement watching as the ship drove forward nearly soundlessly. The rush of the bow through the water seemed distant… muted but it reminded me that I was on a ship and had not been carried away to some surreal location in space and time.

When I returned to the cabin an hour and fifteen minutes had passed. The time wasn’t missing or stolen it was a gift. It was another example of why I cruise; no other ‘vacation’ can do that for your soul.

The sun rose on the port side of the Conquest and gradually made its way over the top decks. The sea refused to give up her polish but traded the black mirror of the night for a stunning blue field of light that could have been the inspiration for one of the many Impressionist painters who are honored on the Conquest.

CraziesSep26083.jpg

Although I wasn’t very keen on giving up my view we found our way to the lower level of the Monet for breakfast. After all, we had a Poker cabin crawl to attend and we needed something in our stomachs to prepare. We both ordered the Eggs Benedict, mine with a side of bacon, Stitch with a side of sausage. We ordered Mimmies as well. Unfortunately, our tablemate’s breakfasts, that were mainly comprised of Eggs Benedict, arrived and ours were left in Limbo. As we found out about five minutes later our order of ‘Mimosas’ left our waiter a bit befuddled. He was new, his first cruise, first contract and didn’t understand that it was something that came from the bar, not the kitchen. The girl who was the supervisor for that section came to our table and asked what we had ordered. We told her and she apologized profusely. Of course, there was no need. It was only a few minutes out of seven wonderful days.

A tad later our breakfast arrived. Mine was wonderfully lemony with a soft, slightly runny yolk. Stitch mentioned that hers was a bit bland and could have used more Hollandaise. We lingered a bit after our tablemates departed, enjoying the Mimmies and the relative quiet.

We headed back to our cabin somewhat full and quite happy. The next order of business was to prepare our cabin for the impending cabin crawl. Here’s the plan… everyone (all 40 folks…) put $10 in a kitty. They travel from host cabin to host cabin collecting a poker card and some flavor of libation at each stop. After visiting the seven designated cabins everyone gathers to compare poker hands, discarding two cards in the process. Best hand wins.

So, Stitch had decided that our cabin needed to be decorated. If the decoration was left up to me it would have comprised of kicking my boxers under the bed. Regardless, she busied herself with putting dangly paper ornaments along the pink thingy that hides the lights near the ceiling, hanging this from here and that from there. My contribution… I stuck the Jack Rackham pirate flag in the balcony window…

CraziesSep26101.jpg

CraziesSep26085.jpg

After seven shots of something, not sure what much of any of it was, we gathered to find out who the luck winner was… I was pretty confident it would be me; after all, beating a pair of threes with a ten kicker is tough, if not impossible…

How wrong I was. The winning hand was a full house and the second best hand was another. That’s the last time I’ll ever go all in with a pair of threes…

You guys! :rolleyes:

A brief explanation for those of you who have no clue what is going on with the RED comments....When the Crazies cruised last September, we enjoyed a bar crawl at Key West ending at Captain Tony's. I was amazed by the display of bras hanging from the rafters and not to be outdone, decided I would perform my houdini routine removing my RED bra, and with the assistance of our favorite Coastie hung it from the rafters. :o:rolleyes: I am, afterall, a Crazie!!!

Our wonderful friends decided this year to give me a RED bra shower as I have had a difficult time finding a suitable replacement. Needless to say, I have more than my share now. :cool::p

Sorry....I have no pictures to share from the poolside shower. I have no doubt, however, that one of my wonderful friends will come along shortly to share. Please feel free to object! ;)

This group are the most wonderful friends I've ever had! Love them all!!!!!

We took this cruise two weeks ago aboard Conquest. I had the time of my life. The food was amazing! The service was OUTSTANDING! I'd love to get back on the Conquest asap! I was very impressed!

Was that your first cruise? If so, you picked a brilliant ship for it...

:)

You guys! :rolleyes:

A brief explanation for those of you who have no clue what is going on with the RED comments....When the Crazies cruised last September, we enjoyed a bar crawl at Key West ending at Captain Tony's. I was amazed by the display of bras hanging from the rafters and not to be outdone, decided I would perform my houdini routine removing my RED bra, and with the assistance of our favorite Coastie hung it from the rafters. :o:rolleyes: I am, afterall, a Crazie!!!

Our wonderful friends decided this year to give me a RED bra shower as I have had a difficult time finding a suitable replacement. Needless to say, I have more than my share now. :cool::p

Sorry....I have no pictures to share from the poolside shower. I have no doubt, however, that one of my wonderful friends will come along shortly to share. Please feel free to object! ;)

This group are the most wonderful friends I've ever had! Love them all!!!!!

Clapping with glee and delight!! Thanks for letting the rest of us in on the story!!

Clapping with glee and delight!! Thanks for letting the rest of us in on the story!!

So happy to oblige! I determined after that cruise that tequila and I were not good for each other and swore off. Ooopsy, had that one shot at Nachi...but that's later in the review! :p

Here’s the plan… everyone (all 40 folks…) put $10 in a kitty. They travel from host cabin to host cabin collecting a poker card and some flavor of libation at each stop. After visiting the seven designated cabins everyone gathers to compare poker hands, discarding two cards in the process. Best hand wins.

That was the BEST $10 I ever spent:D Now I know why the corridors on a ship are so narrow......and grateful for it!:o

Here’s the plan… everyone (all 40 folks…) put $10 in a kitty. They travel from host cabin to host cabin collecting a poker card and some flavor of libation at each stop. After visiting the seven designated cabins everyone gathers to compare poker hands, discarding two cards in the process. Best hand wins.

That was the BEST $10 I ever spent:D Now I know why the corridors on a ship are so narrow......and grateful for it!:o

heeheehee - I don't think we saw you the rest of the day, did we? :p

Sure hope you feel better real soon!

Wow. I was excited to see Mach's review and looking forward to more of it. But what I see is people taking this thread and turning it into their own personal soapbox. Please, let's allow Mach to continue without any further petty arguing.

Thanks.

Hear! Hear! I just want to read the review and not have to sift through the rest of the stuff to do so.

Oh, Firefly...I am so sorry to hear of the way your sister was treated. Surely this is something that really should be brought to the attention of Carnival or the Port of Galveston authorities, whomever is in charge of that particular phase of cruising.

I'm so sorry that we humans have such a hard time being good to each other sometimes.

I think I will continue to sail out of Florida!!!:cool:

Oh, Firefly...I am so sorry to hear of the way your sister was treated. Surely this is something that really should be brought to the attention of Carnival or the Port of Galveston authorities, whomever is in charge of that particular phase of cruising.

I'm so sorry that we humans have such a hard time being good to each other sometimes.

The folks in Miami are aware of it... as of about 10:30 this morning...

;)

Mach...thanks for all the great pictures...we hardly took any (having too much fun ????) and Jess didn't take any !!!! (wayyyyyyy too much fun there )

It's a pleasure!!

I had to snitch some of Stitch's pictures from sail away as I was manning the flag!

:)

Oh man, ya'll sound so fun!! I need to cruise with ya'll sometime!!:D:D

You have no idea...

Last year when we sailed on the Conquest, during the Welcome Aboard Show, the cruise director, Kyle Post, asked all the new folks to raise their hands... He said... all you folks follow the Crazies... they KNOW how to cruise!

:D

I tried, but we decided I should come clean....:rolleyes:

Yeah.............clean off your person.:cool:

I remember someone posting how shocked they were as they never expected it from you. Michelle gets the same thing when we tell people she has scuba dived, ziplined, sky dived and other fun stuff we have done.

Dave

Archived