Paris Tour Operator?

twobluecats

Hello. Me, my mother, and my husband will be in Paris for two to three days next May. We have had such wonderful experiences in Italy with private tours, that we would love to book something like this for one day in Paris, and then fill in the gaps and explore on our own the follow day or two. I'm definitely the navigator in the group, and having a day of personalized service would be of great help and ease my mind of "trying to plan it all myself."

Experience with any tour companies?

I am an older, solo lady traveller and had an excellent tour last month with

www.private-tours-paris.com While, I only had one day in Paris, they

customized a 5 hour tour for me based upon my interests. Nice guide & car met me at the train station when I arrived and we toured inside Sacre Coeur & walked Montmartre; toured inside Notre Dame and walked the Latin Quarter, stopped for pix at the Tower, looked at Invalides, had expresso at a cafe on the Seine,etc. She then oriented me/dropped me off/showed me taxi stand, etc. to spend the rest of the day on my own at Tuilleries/L'Organgerie/Louvre.

You might want to contact them as they could tailor a tour overview and orient you re: how to plan your following days on your own, ie. where you might like to wander, eat, sites, museums in relation to where you are staying.

I think your plan is a good one. I did this very type of thing upon my arrival in Barcelona. Guide/car met me at the airport, took me to many places farther afield from where I was staying, oriented me based upon my interests, etc. and then dropped me at my hotel. I was

confident and "good to go" for the next 2 days on my own.......with only a few, discreet map checks(sure sign you're a tourist) along the way.

Enjoy.

Martha

Archived