Embarkation at the Pan Am Port

SaucyNuggets

I would wonder if the experience will be different for different cruise lines.

We found the port very easy to deal with: Easy on, somewhat easy off. It is a relatively new facility, so there didn't seem to be anything about the port, itself, that made the process less convenient than it should have been.

When we cruised in July, The Golden, AOS and Destiny were all docked. The Golden was the last one down and Last out of Port. We arrived at 1:00 and had no wait at all. It took no time to fill out the pw and go up to the cruisedesk, get id made etc. We were on the ship and in our room by 1:45.

ENjoy your cruise

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

SaucyNuggets,

We were on the December 12th Golden sailing and embarkation went really quick and smooth. We arrived at the port around 11:30am and were in our cabin by 12:15, and that was with stopping at the duty free liquor store. Also, .....we will be sailing on the May 1st cruise to New York as well. You may want to check out the Roll-call we have going, ...if you already haven't.

Greg

We have sailed from PR several times and really like it. We sail on RCCL and find embarkcation very easy. Usually at the pier by 10:30am and on the ship before 11:15. No hassle at all. We love to sail from there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sailing on the Golden Princess but not until April 2006. I'm curious as to what the Pan American Pier is and where it is located?? I was on a NCL cruise out of San Juan in 1995. Is there a difference between this pier and the one in Old San Juan???........Karen

Archived