Can Princess give your cabin away if you do not check in on departure date?

ccheng64

I read a lady's review for Crown Princess. It seems to me that Princess took advantage of her. She paid for three cabins for her family trip, but her daughter could not make it at the last min. Therefore, she asked front desk to let her use her daughter's cabin when she was on board. Princess would not let her. Princess gave her daughter's cabin away to another couple as upgrade. That lady was really angry because it was her money.

The post lead me to another question. Assume that I cannot make it to the departure port in time but I can meet the ship at the next port, will Princess save my cabin for me or give my cabin away? (if I notify Princess in advance)

Thanks,

The post lead me to another question. Assume that I cannot make it to the departure port in time but I can meet the ship at the next port, will Princess save my cabin for me or give my cabin away? (if I notify Princess in advance)

Thanks,

We missed embarkation because of weather related flight cancellations. We notified Princess and our cabin was waiting for us 2 nights later at the ship's first port. And Princess credited us for the two nights we were not on the ship, also.:)

[quote name=ccheng64;26350699 It seems to me that Princess took advantage of her. She paid for three cabins for her family trip' date=' but her daughter could not make it at the last min. Therefore, she asked front desk to let her use her daughter's cabin when she was on board. Princess would not let her. Princess gave her daughter's cabin away to another couple as upgrade. That lady was really angry because it was her money.

Thanks,[/quote]

There were valid reasons for Princess to give that cabin away... You may be able to find that thread again by doing a search...

Princess does not give the cabin away if the passenger misses the departure.

They may if arrangements are made ahead of time.

The cabin is yours throughout the cruise in anticipation of plans to get to a future port stop if you can.

Provided you contact Princess and tell them of your intentions.

There are provisions for no show no contact.

If you read your cruise contract (yes, we know that you never do) the cruise line can indeed take back the cabins of no-shows.

If you miss the ship in the departure port, and inform the cruise line that you plan/hope to join the cruise later in the week, we generally will hold the cabin for you.

If you miss the ship in the departure port, and DO NOT inform the cruise line that you plan/hope to join the cruise later in the week, we generally will hold the cabin for you for a few days, while trying to contact you or someone who can tell us if you are indeed planning to join us at some point. As soon as we have confirmation that you are not coming, we take the cabin back for other uses.

The only real exceptions to this practice are groups, who generally have a special contract with the cruise line. One of the more important issues on this contract is the disposition of cabins of no-shows. Some contracts allow the group leader to keep any empty cabins; others give the empty cabins back to us if the pax do not show at the embark port.

I read a lady's review for Crown Princess. It seems to me that Princess took advantage of her. She paid for three cabins for her family trip, but her daughter could not make it at the last min. Therefore, she asked front desk to let her use her daughter's cabin when she was on board. Princess would not let her. Princess gave her daughter's cabin away to another couple as upgrade. That lady was really angry because it was her money.

Thanks,

Since the passenger/passengers listed in the stateroom (no matter who pays for the cabin, the cabin belongs to those whose names are on it) are no shows, then yes, Princess can give away the cabin if they don't board the ship or contact Princess to alert them they will be catching up to the ship at the next port. It doesn't matter who paid for the cabin, those passengers whose name is on it are the only ones that are entitled to that stateroom. ;)

Once it's clear that the passenger will not be boarding or using their cabin, the cruiseline has the right to reassign the cabin. The passenger(s) isn't out their cost as long as they have insurance. If they didn't get insurance or one that doesn't cover cancellation for any reason, they gambled and lost. Any reputable TA strongly recommends insurance.

Archived