A day in Grand Cayman. Any Suggestions??

malefevre

The last week in April, my friend & I will be spending the day in Grand Cayman while our husbands Scuba Dive. We're not sure what to do. We've been there on past cruises and have already shopped in the overpriced shops. We would like to do something interesting while there. We're not really beach people. Any ideas???? A good restaurant, reasonably priced w/ good local food, would be a start. Any suggestions appreciated.:)

Just a couple of ideas.

As everyone mentions, Stingray City is pretty neat. Even if you aren't a great swimmer it's okay. Stingray City is a sandbar and the waters range from knee deep to shoulder deep depending on how the sand has shifted. The boats are in slightly deeper water (8-12 feet deep), but the guests can stay in the shallower waters. The stingrays are gentle, soft, and lots of fun to pet, hold, take pictures with, feed, etc. It's a very memorable experience.

Another thing we wanted to do was take a road trip from Georgetown up to Hell. We had been hoping to find a sign of some sort (Welcome to Hell?) that we could take a photo of DW and I in front of and turn it into a holiday card for sending out at year end.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived