Queensland Cruise- Ship vs local time

CozumelCat

Hello...

I've been told that there is now an hour time difference between Sydney and the rest of Queensland??? We are sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas and were wondering if the ship arrival and departure times given on our itenerarys are local time or does the ship stay on Sydney time throughout the cruise? We are meeting a friend in Brisbane....so need to know for sure what time to tell him to meet us. Thanks in advance for any info....

True on the time difference between New South Wales (Sydney) and Queensland (Brisbane). It is Daylight Savings and Queensland doesn't change to protect the curtains (or so said a notable politician) The really fun thing is that South Australia is now a half hour ahead of Queensland.

Sorry I don't know if the ship is changing or not, they *should* but we all have been down that road. This is one that may still be up in the air untill you board as the shoreside operations are not always in tune with this kind of thing.

I'd imagine you'll get a time change card the night before you cruise into QLD waters. Would make it very difficult for everyone onboard if the ship stays on NSW (EDST) time but then as soon as you go ashore in Qld you're on our time

pete

It would be extremely odd if the itinerary did not give you the local time on any arrival or departure as airlines do.

We recently disembarked one day in Corfu (Greece) after being in Italian waters. We were told to adjust our clocks forward 1 hour the night before and then back again once we left Corfu.

Odd yes, but the OP is obviously experienced. there are cruises that don't change the time onboard resulting in something called ship's time. I haven't experienced it in several years, but it is out there.

Yep....odd they are! I e-mailed RCCL and they confirmed that the ship will stay on Sydney time. Granted I'm sure the captain can always change his mind halfway through and I wouldn't be too surprised. Oh well....I suppose I'll just go with the flow.....

Thanks for your input!

LOL, QLD and NSW will never agree on anything! I reckon (apart from the ridiculous impracticality of daylight savings) QLD will never go for it, just because NSW and Vic do it! (no-one cares about what Tassie does! LOL) So just to make sure you KNOW you're in QLD they will keep the time differences!!!

PS It also fades the paint on your house and withers the plants (that extra hour of sunlight ;) ) LMAO, so us QLD'ers will NEVER go for it!

:D

Hey OP, hope you enjoy your cruise down under!

Archived