Destiny Transatlantic December5th

:confused:Hi. I reserved our seats this morning on-line having received an e.mail to advise me that the seats could now be booked..Could only book return from La Romana 19th December,and looking on Thomson cruise website for this cruise noticed that ALL flights from UK to Lisbon for the cruise have been cancelled. Has anybody booked on this cruise had any information about this today from Thomsons? Would like to know what the plan for flights is now. Thanks for any info.

:confused:Hi. I reserved our seats this morning on-line having received an e.mail to advise me that the seats could now be booked..Could only book return from La Romana 19th December,and looking on Thomson cruise website for this cruise noticed that ALL flights from UK to Lisbon for the cruise have been cancelled. Has anybody booked on this cruise had any information about this today from Thomsons? Would like to know what the plan for flights is now. Thanks for any info.

Hi there I am on the same cruise.The Thomson site is now showing a two day stay at Santa Cruz Tenerife before the sea crossing to the Caribbean.I presume all flights will now be to Tenerife to join the Destiny.:confused:

Very disapointed to be missing Madiera though.icon9.gif

I will be visiting my TA today and give an update later.

Jim

Hi there,after seeing the earlier post I phoned my t.a (cruisedeals)they confirmed the change in itineray.Unfortunately when I asked about the flight time change from Glasgow I was told I would be contacted in about a week or so by Thomsons and given all the info then.Hope this helps.

I have just checked the Thomson site and the Tropical Transatlantic is no longer being advertised at all.Hope we find out soon what is going on:(

I have just checked the Thomson site and the Tropical Transatlantic is no longer being advertised at all.Hope we find out soon what is going on:(

Much as we are fans of Thomson and are regular travellers with them, I must say this playing around with itineraries and not informing people is very poor and a situation I'm very unhappy about.

We still have not heard about the change to three ports (in a one week itinerary) on a cruise we have booked for next June. The change appeared in the new September issue brochure - despite the fact it had been differently advertised, and booked, for the preceeding six months! When I checked on Cruisedeals site (we booked with them) they were still showing the original itinerary some three weeks after the brochure launch!! Thomson had changed theirs by then but cruisedeals had no idea the itinerary had significanlty been altered.

I'm very disappointed by Thomson's crass lack of communication and disregard for their customers. I'm very concerned about the way itineraries are being changed so frequently too (reverse order isn't too much of a problem unless you have private tours booked, or have arrangements with family/friends to meet) but significant changes to an itinerary without a clear explanation or operational issue at stake (other than saving money!) is just not on. I don't want to be booking a cruise and then rely on a 'lucky dip' to find out where I'm going! :eek:

Hi all,after seeing your posts I phoned my t.a(cruisedeals).They confirmed that the itineray had been changed.I then asked if they could give me new flight times and was told Thomson would be in touch in the next week or so with this info.On the issue of the cruise not appearing on Thomsons online I think its probably sold out as it did say yesterday only 1 cabin left,either that or they are waiting to update the page.

Today the Thomson site is showing the Destiny leaving from both Lisbon and Tenerife on the same day and doing two completley different itineraries!!!!!!!

Tried to phone the Thomson Helpline...............absolutley useless.After being redirected to 3 different departments and no one having a clue the call timed out after 10 minutes.!!!!!!!!

This level of customer service and lack of knowledge by call centre staff of such a major and critical change is disgusting.

As of today I am not certain of which ship,which flight destination or flight times apply, or even in which COUNTRY the ship departs from, though I booked the original cruise in March.

I'm still looking forward to the cruise but this level of incompetence does not bode well or give me any reassurance. Jim

I had my letter this morning and yes it will now depart from Tenerife, we will miss out on Maderia but will stop at St Kitts. The problem that I have is the flight time from Birmingham means that we will not board the Destiny until after midnight meaning that we loose a day. I have spoken to Thomsons who are trying to get us on the earlier flight but that was 4 hours ago and no news yet.

I had my letter this morning and yes it will now depart from Tenerife, we will miss out on Maderia but will stop at St Kitts. The problem that I have is the flight time from Birmingham means that we will not board the Destiny until after midnight meaning that we loose a day. I have spoken to Thomsons who are trying to get us on the earlier flight but that was 4 hours ago and no news yet.

Booked this today as a late cruise and the Manchester flights were daytime arriving at the ship in the afternoon or night flight arriving after midnight. The advantage of the night flight was that on your last day you had a full day in La Romana. So if you can go from Manchester you have a choice. Manchester price for the cruise today was £750 each total.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived