Curacao/ Playa Port Marie Beach

thevacationer

Question??? Has anyone ever been to Playa Port Marie beach on Curacao? I have been doing some reading and everyone says it is incredible. They have a web site and they have an actual snorkle trail. Looks great. Just wondering if anyone has actually been there? It sounds like it is about a 20-30 minute cab ride. Would appreciate any infomation regarding this beach. Thanks

Question??? Has anyone ever been to Playa Port Marie beach on Curacao? I have been doing some reading and everyone says it is incredible. They have a web site and they have an actual snorkle trail. Looks great. Just wondering if anyone has actually been there? It sounds like it is about a 20-30 minute cab ride. Would appreciate any infomation regarding this beach. Thanks

Suggest you look search the Curacao thread under the ports of call section.

We have reserved a rental car for next week in Curacao, intending to go to the Nat'l Park Shete Boka and then over to Playa Porta Mari. On the Curacao port boards, someone has posted about many beaches (he sounds like a local), mentioning Porta Mari as well as Cas Abao. You might visit that board again, and specifically ask him your questions. On that board I also remember reading the one-way taxi was about $20 a person, so that's when I investigated renting a car. We also like the idea of Porta Mari as they have some hiking trails, too.

We leave Monday!! Hope you have a great cruise and find some answers to your questions. When we get back, I will post a review on the Curacao board.

Debbie

Thanks, I have read that thread, that is how I originally heard about this beach. I just wanted to hear from someone who has actually been there so that I might ask them some questions regarding the beach.

We've been to Playa Porto Mari, although it has been a few yrs ago. We had been to Curacao a few times and wanted to do something different and had an afternoon excursion booked so decided to go to Porto Mari in the morning. We did as you did, checked out the website and thought it looked nice, so asked a few others who we'd met from our roll call who were also looking to "beach it" for the morning and we grabbed a taxi (a minvan, as there were 8 of us). The taxi driver wanted $10pp each way, which we thought was a bit steep,considering we were filling his taxi, but we didn't want to take time to dicker, and he was going to wait for us there while we were at the beach,so it worked out for us. It was about a 20-25 min cab ride and just before you get to the park, you'll pass a flock of flamingos. There was an individual per person entrance of a few $ , and a fee if we wanted a lounger, which included a drink. But,the beach was very nice, and there were restrooms and showers. The snorkeling was good and we had a very enjoyable morning. I'd happily go back to Playa Porto Mari on our next visit to Curacao.

We really have enjoyed Porto Mari. Your best source of information is by searching through back threads on the Curacao port of call board here on cruise critic - there are several threads discussing the beach.

Yes it does take 20 or 30 minutes and the taxi does run $10/pp each way and you must arrange for the cab driver to pick you up as there are not other cabs waiting there. Last March we paid $10 for 2 of us which included admission and 2 lounge chairs.

I have photos of the beach - click here or here. Also if you Google for the port and beach name you'll find they have a web site. There is a full dive shop there as they have nice shore diving and the shop rents snorkeling gear.

My 2 cents.. When we went I never encounter a comunnal taxi, so we ended up paying $80.00 RT, the driver ask us what time we want to head back to town, and he was back and waiting when we were ready to leave (don't pay until you're back in town) .

Awsome place/facility and really great rock/wall type snorkling. :)

Srpilo

My 2 cents.. When we went I never encounter a comunnal taxi, so we ended up paying $80.00 RT, the driver ask us what time we want to head back to town, and he was back and waiting when we were ready to leave (don't pay until you're back in town) .

Awsome place/facility and really great rock/wall type snorkling. :)

Srpilo

Hi Pete! If you join us in March we can share a cab! Hope t\you guys are doing well.

Hi Pete! If you join us in March we can share a cab! Hope t\you guys are doing well .

Hi Larry it's been a while hasn't it, hope all wells and Sue and you are doing well too :)

I think my January Millie cruise is probably my limit for the caribbean this year, but maybe next year !!! :D

Your cruise friends

Pete & Silvia

Hi Pete! If you join us in March we can share a cab! Hope t\you guys are doing well.

This beach sounds very nice for a day trip to beach.

Lsimon: When are you going to be there and what ship are you on. There is 6 in our group

that would share a large cab.

This beach sounds very nice for a day trip to beach.

Lsimon: When are you going to be there and what ship are you on. There is 6 in our group

that would share a large cab.

We're on the Connie at the end of March. If you have six in your group you'll be fine. I believe they charge per person with a minimum equal to four people so you won't save anything by traveling in a larger group.

Hi Larry it's been a while hasn't it, hope all wells and Sue and you are doing well too :)

I think my January Millie cruise is probably my limit for the caribbean this year, but maybe next year !!! :D

Your cruise friends

Pete & Silvia

I just had to jump in and say hello to you and Silvia, Pete... we would really enjoy seeing you two again. We did the Millie last March and had a wonderful time. The ship looked great, and we really enjoyed having a family view cabin for the first time. Have fun!

We're on the Connie at the end of March. If you have six in your group you'll be fine. I believe they charge per person with a minimum equal to four people so you won't save anything by traveling in a larger group.

Guess I will be getting off Connie while you are getting on. Anxious to see Connie since her

redo.

Archived