January cruise - Serenade / Adventure vs. Freedom of the Seas

Hi -

My boyfriend and I are planning a 7 night cruise for the first / second week in Janaury. I'm debating between the Southern Caribbean itineraries on either the Serenade or the Adventure and the Eastern route on the Freedom/

We are in our early / mid-30's with no kids and are hoping for a combination of relaxtion and fun on the cruise. Ideally I'd love to lay on a beach on port days and float in the ocean...so am worried about the weather that time of year.

Neither of us are big drinkers.

I've been on the Enchantment (loved it!) - he's never been on a cruise.

I'm worried that the Freedom may be too big and feel like we are on a ship - like the ocean will be too "far away." I love when on the Enchantment sitting near a window in a chair and reading a book while watching the pcean go by...

I'm also worried that there may not be enough to do on the Serenade / Adventure (i.e. no flow rider, etc).

Help please! Which whould you choose? thank you!

I just had a similar decision to make and we are also in our early 30's, no kids.

I really wanted a cruise out of San Juan like the Adventure. But airfare to San Juan was a bit out of our budget. If budget was not an issue, I'd definitely go for the Adventure or the Serenade!

We decided on the Freedom. We've been on the Mariner and the Liberty before. My husband is super excited for the Flowrider.

Just a first timer story...Two years ago, I took my sister on the Liberty of the Seas (slightly smaller than the Freedom but not by much) for her first time. She was absolutely wow'ed! She was so addicted by the end that she promptly booked the Enchantment with her husband for the summer. She said Enchantment was good but wished her husband could have been experienced the Promenade, skating rink, rock climbing, etc. He still had a good time but she said for herself, as a first timer, she really couldn't imagine anything less than the Liberty.

Hope that helps with your decision!

Pics are of the RC Serenade.

ROFL!!!!!! THanks Mike, Now i'm so torn between these two ships AOS & SOS Bt the pics helped! Hey Mike since ur so well informed:p can you tell me when in march is school break in Puerto Rico? I don't want 1500 kids on the ship:eek: while im on it.

Thanks!

Yes, we are definitely planning to book a balcony room - my last cruise on Enchantment I had an inside cabin and this time and looking forward to sitting on the balcony and looking out to sea (on whichever ship we choose).

In all honesty, I would book a large OV room (about a 3 1/2-4 foot circle window) . The Serenade is loaded with wonderful places to lounge and watch the sea go by(inside and outside) there never seemed to be crowds and we saved some cash. The Serenade is a beautiful ship and you will feel surrounded by the ocean. The entire Centrum area is glass to the ocean from bottom (deck 4) to top (deck 11) including the glass elevators. There are wonderful seating areas inside from the Champange bar, the Centrum lounge, the Safari lounge(sit all the way in the back and almost hang over the ships wake) Schooner bar, portofinos/chops. The main dining room ,,,,all have wonderful views. Of course topside has many decks to hangout on including the helipad all the way forward on deck five, or lounge in the back by sea view cafe or if you want some action hit the main pool deck or right above. PS the ports are awesome too.

I know I sound like an add for the Serenade, but she is truly a wonderful ship

Archived