'Elizabeth': Wine [not champagne] to break on bow

jleq

It really ought to be Pol Acker, but there again, maybe they don't want to cause too much corosion before the ship even starts her maiden voyage.

J

Don't give 'em ideas - I have a small vested interest in the ship remaining seaworthy for at least the first couple of weeks.:)

Mary

Don't give 'em ideas - I have a small vested interest in the ship remaining seaworthy for at least the first couple of weeks.:)

Mary

Ah yes, I'd forgotten you were on the maiden voyage. Maybe you could persuade them to use something a little less likely to remove most of the bow.

J

I was possibly interested (not really) until i heard the price. :eek:

Oh, for heaven's sake, get it booked Gav. You know you want to :D:D:D

Better still - just book yourself a nice cheap inside and wait for the upgrade fairy to come along. You'll be in a Q2 before you know it with your track record.

J

Oh, for heaven's sake, get it booked Gav. You know you want to :D:D:D

Better still - just book yourself a nice cheap inside and wait for the upgrade fairy to come along. You'll be in a Q2 before you know it with your track record.

J

LOL. I never do Maiden or final Cruises :eek: specialy not £24,000 :p

I am looking foward to my upgrade on the QE Christmas Cruise Cunard. :rolleyes:

LOL. I never do Maiden or final Cruises :eek: specialy not £24,000 :p

Ach, it's only money Gav. You can't take it with you (cue Sir Martin!). :D

But I tend to agree with you about Maiden and Final Cruises. Not my cup of tea either.

J

Well you certainly can't, Mr J Cruachan of 39 Acacia Avenue, Barclaycard 38539049235, pin number 7423.

Sir Martin

Well nyah nyah nyah to you Mr Smarty Pants Sir Martin (deceased). Just goes to show all you know. My pin number is 7424 - so there!!!

Damn... probably shouldn't have made that public.

J

Ach, it's only money Gav. You can't take it with you (cue Sir Martin!). :D

But I tend to agree with you about Maiden and Final Cruises. Not my cup of tea either.

J

I read somewhere that a person can not afford not to book a maiden voyage. The reasoning for this logic was that most often the maiden voyage is delayed because the ship is not finished in time or has minor problems that keeps it from sailing. Then, often the passengers will get the choice of the postponed sailing or another one, plus a future cruise of the passneger's choice.

I believe the article was entitled, "How to Get Yourself a Free Cruise". So why not go for it?:)

I read somewhere that a person can not afford not to book a maiden voyage. The reasoning for this logic was that most often the maiden voyage is delayed because the ship is not finished in time or has minor problems that keeps it from sailing. Then, often the passengers will get the choice of the postponed sailing or another one, plus a future cruise of the passneger's choice.

I believe the article was entitled, "How to Get Yourself a Free Cruise". So why not go for it?:)

it didn't work out so well for the titanic...

it didn't work out so well for the titanic...

Oh I don't know. I mean, ok, it ended finished with a few minor problems but I think that, on the whole, the bit of the maiden voyage that they did manage to complete was probably quite nice. :D:D

J

Oh I don't know. I mean, ok, it ended finished with a few minor problems but I think that, on the whole, the bit of the maiden voyage that they did manage to complete was probably quite nice. :D:D

J

I wonder if the surviving passengers ever got a free cruise?

Well, the surviving crew got their money stopped at the moment the ship went down... it's also a fact that any employee who had had a wages advance got that deducted from their final pay. Whether the passengers got anything I have no idea, but no doubt someone knows - perhaps back in those dim and distant days they were just jolly pleased to be alive.

And not a stress counsellor to be seen:).

Mary

I'm not sure about the free cruise, but I did read a story a while back (it may even have been on here) that one of the last survivors had travelled on QE2, and had been instantly upgraded to Gold when the Captain discovered that she had been rescued by Carpathia!!!

J

I'm not sure about the free cruise, but I did read a story a while back (it may even have been on here) that one of the last survivors had travelled on QE2, and had been instantly upgraded to Gold when the Captain discovered that she had been rescued by Carpathia!!!

J

So are you signing up then?

Archived