New Years Cruise

hungryhippo

I was wondering if anyone has ever been on a New Years cruise and what they are like? I am looking to go on one with some girlfriends in 2011/2012. Which cruise line would be the best?

I went on P and O in January and loved it, but I am looking for something apart from P and O cruises I think..

Thanks!!

We were on the 18 day Christmas/New Year cruise last year on Rhapsody of the Seas. It was very fun and relaxing. New Years Eve was a formal evening, and they had beautiful souvenir menus on the table, party hats and streamers and noise makers, and a special festive menu. The desserts all had little painted chocolate squares with 2010 and happy new year written on them. It was a very festive mood on the ship, with bands and music playing everywhere. Toward midnight they had free champagne, but it was not very good, and they had set it up in wierd places, so I think they threw a lot of it away. They released hundreds of white ballons from the very top floor so they tumbled through the open centrum, that was quite cool. It was a fun night and I am sure I will be on many more NYE cruises, especially as it is our wedding anniversary as well!

Archived