Upgrades

ptyross

$660 would get me another cruise for one of us.

The only difference in cabins is the added space- and priorty boarding. There is no other perk coming with that suite

Save your money.

Is this your first cruise?

Will you be spending a great deal of time IN the cabin?

CB AT SEA and SERENE56 - Thanks a bunch for your thoughts. This will be my third cruise on Carnival. Did a San Juan/So Carib and a N O/ Western. Have only stayed in Verandah balcony in the past. Traveled with hubby and 2 boys those cruises so didn't stay a whole lot in the cabin. This cruise is a girls only so was trying to decide if it was worth the extra money on a "splurge".

They are offering an upgrade for a reason. They have probably oversold the category that you're now in.

They will offer you an upgrade for a price. If they don't get any takers, they will sweeten the pot. At some point they will give that upgrade for FREE if they have to. Why don't you contact them and let them know you'll take the upgrade for $100...or whatever you're willing to pay. If they know you are open to negotiating, they will continue communications with you. :p

We just came back from a Western Med cruise and we upgraded FREE to a Penthouse Suite, Butler, paid gratuities and $200 shipboard credits. :D

The standard sized rooms have always been enough for 2 of us...especially when we already have a balcony. I am not sure I spend quite enough time in the room to justify the cost of a suite...I can think of a lot of other uses for that amount of $...just my opinion...everyone's different

Archived