Lugguage Question

Pointkitten

We are new to Celebrity (and fairly new to cruising in general). Leaving tomorrow on the Summit for our first 14 night cruise. I had hoped to fit all my clothing in a med suitcase, but it would be a tight fit. Does a large suitcase fit under the beds? Would it be better to take two small ones? If I take a hanging bag, will we end up carrying it around the ship until our room is ready? Potentially between my carry-on bag, a wine holder, and a hanging bag, we could be toting around lots of stuff! How do you all manage?

Thanks!:)

I can't say for sure about the Summit, but the hanging bag you should be able to check in with the rest of your luggage. A few years back, my sister had a very large suitcase with her and it fit under the bed easily. I have learned to pack so that I check in more and leave just a carry on to tote around until the cabins are ready. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your help! I decided on the med sized suitcase and the heavyweight hanging bag that can be checked. Also decided not to carry wine onboard. On our other cruise we had a bottle in our stateroom that we never even opened since we prefered to have a drink in the lounge and listen to music. It will also be too cold to sit out on the balcony. Now we will just have one small carry-on, and the rest can be checked.:)

Hi,

Enjoy your cruise and be sure to report back on the condition of the Summit. Lots of interested future cruisers out there (including me!). Don't know if you are flying or driving, but if weight/# of suitcases is an issue, you can always use the Celebrity drycleaning and laundry service to cut down on number of clothes you bring. Their prices are reasonable. Info. can be found on X website.

Archived