packing for caribbean cruise

mgmigs

For Caribbean cruises, do you ever see Hawaiian shirts in the dining room on the non-formal evenings?

Celebrity often has nighttime Caribbean/Island themed buffet outside (on the buffet deck )so a Hawaiian shirt will be perfect.

I think that's the only thing some people pack. If you've got them, bring

them. You'll feel comfortable

dh is very happy to hear this. he loves his hawaiian shirts but i thought i saw some negative posts about that here in the past.

I group hawaain shirts with graphic tee's...save em for the buffet.

Would you ever wear something like that to a fine restaurant where you come from?

Yes!!!

There are hawaiian shirts and there are hawaiian shirts (but no such thing as a hawaain shirt where I come from). I wear nice Tommy Bahama or similar style shirt on the ship. Frankly when we go to a "fine" restaurant we dress up quite a bit more, often with a jacket, and I do the same on the ship when going to the specialty restaurants. But I'd have no issue going to a "nice" restaurant where we come from in the summertime wearing a nice hawaiian or Tommy Bahama style shirt.

These types of shirts not only conform with the cruise line dress code, but they are also sold in the cruise line shops and a very large number of men wear them on smart casual nights as do some of the ship's entertainment staff.

We generally pack several Tommy Bahamma type shirts for DH to wear to dinner. If you dont like the tropical prints, they are now making them in solid colors or in a tonal print that sort of looks like the pattren is woven into the fabric. Bring your shirts you will fit right in.

Yes!!!

There are hawaiian shirts and there are hawaiian shirts (but no such thing as a hawaain shirt where I come from). I wear nice Tommy Bahama or similar style shirt on the ship. Frankly when we go to a "fine" restaurant we dress up quite a bit more, often with a jacket, and I do the same on the ship when going to the specialty restaurants. But I'd have no issue going to a "nice" restaurant where we come from in the summertime wearing a nice hawaiian or Tommy Bahama style shirt.

These types of shirts not only conform with the cruise line dress code, but they are also sold in the cruise line shops and a very large number of men wear them on smart casual nights as do some of the ship's entertainment staff.

I'm glad you got a kick out of my spelling errors- Did you ever think that english may not be someone elses first language? Obviously the oppertunity to make fun of someone elses language skills is much more important to you. Perhaps it is a insecurity of yours to poke at others, perhaps it makes you feel better? I thought the points I made came across clear, regardless of the few errors I made.

None the less, still think they are best for the buffet area. On Costa, we saw a gentleman with a 'bikini babe' themed hawaiian shirt. Needless to say, it was offensive to stare at repeated images of clevage and bikini bottoms while enjoying a nice, civilized meal. Where does one draw the line so to speak?

I'm glad you got a kick out of my spelling errors- Did you ever think that english may not be someone elses first language? Obviously the oppertunity to make fun of someone elses language skills is much more important to you. Perhaps it is a insecurity of yours to poke at others, perhaps it makes you feel better? I thought the points I made came across clear, regardless of the few errors I made. ...

I apologize if you took offense at my joke about your spelling error. I'm a terrible speller and my posts would be full of errors if not for a spell check I usually remember to use - and English is my first language. I'm used to people making fun of my spelling and laugh it off and erroneously presumed others would as well, so I'm sorry if I offended you. I normally take great care not to make offensive comments on these boards and unfortunately I slipped here.

I still feel those Hawaiian type shirts are appropriate and that common sense should be the guide when deciding if they, or any other clothing, crosses the line in terms of inappropriate graphics. I'm sure we agree on that last point even if we do differ on our opinion of the appropriateness of the type of shirt in general.

DH has several - he always brings them and fits right in. Granted' date=' he doesn't usually wear the wild floral ones --- usually the ones that are a bit more subdued.[/quote']

A subdued Hawaiian shirt? Must be a one off ? Gotta see one of those !!!:)

I hear that for the Alaskan trips in future for non formal nights the passengers will be expected to wear real alaskan wear - appropriate clothing will be supplied and a host of local 'northern limits' Delicacies will be offered.

I've bought my husband some really beautiful silk Hawaiian style shirts (both in Hawaii and in Florida) that are simple in nature, have a design woven in, are comfortable, and that he is happy to wear out and about at anything but the most formal occasions. He's happy to wear his other, less subtle shirts, out and about also, but wears a more "restrained" version in a better restaurant.

In the finest restaurants in Miami this spring, we saw several well-dressed gentlemen in beautiful tropical shirts and I think they fit in well with the dress of other diners. So, when in Rome . . .

In the finest restaurants in Miami this spring, we saw several well-dressed gentlemen in beautiful tropical shirts and I think they fit in well with the dress of other diners. So, when in Rome . . .

Are you vacationing in Hawaii this year?:)

Archived