Bread Pudding Still?

Sundsgn

When we were on the Paradise, they had it for desserts at the late night snack fest and at lunch in the Lido Buffet. I was just hoping they would be doing it on the Triumph come May!

What day are you cruising??? We're leaving out 5/21 on the Triumph!!!

Sorry guys, I love bread and love pudding - but put them together and I can't eat it.:rolleyes:

:D Ah, Kathy, but you haven't tried MINE. I bet all you've tried is the stiff kind that you have to cut with a fork. The recipe I use is from my N.O. grandmother, and it has neither raisins nor pecans in it, made with N.O. French bread, and is very creamy and sweeter than what they have on the ship. I also make a wonderful warm rum sauce to serve over it. Ummm, oh so good.

Most food on the ship, I like. Gumbo and bread pudding, I don't.*Nasty*:D

:D Ah, Kathy, but you haven't tried MINE. I bet all you've tried is the stiff kind that you have to cut with a fork. The recipe I use is from my N.O. grandmother, and it has neither raisins nor pecans in it, made with N.O. French bread, and is very creamy and sweeter than what they have on the ship. I also make a wonderful warm rum sauce to serve over it. Ummm, oh so good.

Most food on the ship, I like. Gumbo and bread pudding, I don't.*Nasty*:D

You wouldn't want to share that recipe, would you cotton? I'll swap you a recipe for a Jack Daniels pie that I got from the people that own the company!

So, Cotton, is the answer to my question a yes in your post? They still do the bread pudding. And to answer the question derf about so called maggo or raisins, I think it depended on the day. You didn't have to make the topic turn to something unappetizing. I was just asking a question about whether or not they still served it daily. No offense, it just got a little off topic.

Kjunea - You got yourself a deal! I need your email addy.

Sundsgn - Y'know, that's the wonderful thing about these boards. You can learn, help other folks, and still do some one-on-one interacting.:) And, to answer your query - I don't know. I don't order bread pudding on the ship, so I don't look for it on the menus, but I surely do hope it's on there for your next cruise.

Cotton,

I do understand that, I guess I was disappointed that it had to take a negative turn. I really thought I was asking a simple question, and I didn't think that it needed to be turned into (an attempt at maggots) "maggo... and something disgusting. If the guy doesn't like bread pudding, that's fine, he didn't have to post if he didn't know the answer, instead it made me feel like I shouldn't post anymore, that my question deserved to be referred to as maggots. That's all. It wasn't necessary to do that. I enjoy these boards, and try to be helpful to people. If I don't know the answer to something, I don't go on to threads just for the sake of posting. I want to believe I am providing something valuable. Or I ask another question because I truly don't know. I wasn't trying to be negative, or to prevent people from being helpful or friendly. I really just wanted to know if they still served it....

We have a receipe for bread pudding that we got from a NO cooking school which we attended several years ago. Just made it again earlier this week using French baguettes(that we also made)...to die for!!:rolleyes: We are cruising on Destiny next week...we have no plans to order their bread pudding as there is no way it would be as good as ours!!:D

Cotton,

If the guy doesn't like bread pudding, that's fine, he didn't have to post if he didn't know the answer, instead it made me feel like I shouldn't post anymore,

I am very sorry you took it that way. I was attempting a little humor which fell flat. Please don't stop posting on my account. I do like Bread Pudding especially with raisons.

Sundsdn - I agree that m------ shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as food. I thought you meant I shouldn't have mentioned my grandmother's bread pudding.

Please don't take offense at anything here. It's a great board for learning and sharing what we've all learned. Keep asking your questions, and if a thread gets a little off-center, just blow it off and keep posting!:)

Last week I didnt see bread pudding offered on the buffet line. If it is a dessert it would be on one area and honestly didnt see it.

At dinner its called Chantilly something or other. The sauce is served seperatly from the bread pudding. It was ery good until I added the sauce then it became too sweet.

We had it one day on the Destiny at lunch in the Dining Room. Actually, I planned to do lunch there because of the Bread Pudding :) It was Cinnamon with a Chantilly Sauce poured over it. Unfortunately, they hadn't even 1/2 way cooked it, so my dessert dreams turned into a nightmare! Usually, it's awesome for anyone wishing to try it though. I'd suggest looking through the menus at the Purser's Desk at the beginning of the week to see if you can find which day(s) will have it for you.

Kjunea - You got yourself a deal! I need your email addy.

mine addy is kjunea@hotmail.com... original, huh? You will adore the JD pie! Similar to Kentucky Derby pie, but doesn't have the corn syrup in it. Love it warm with ice cream or whip cream or both!

But now on a diet to get ready for my cruise.

June

Archived