Panama City Tour on Carnival Freedom

pearlb

Has anybody taken the Panama City Tour Panama City tour? I am wondering if you see the canal and 2 if you have time to shop on your own in panama city? I collect Hard Rock gear and need to make it to the Hard Rock Cafe? Thx, Pearl

Hi Pearl,

We were just on the tour you mentioned two weeks ago. We had no time for independent shopping or shopping of any kind. I don't know if there is time scheduled for it or not, but we had none. Could have been due to the fact our tour left late, or lunch took about 45 mins to be served or the traffic in Panama City and Colon. Whatever the cause we had no time at all for shopping.

The tour does stop at the Gatun Locks and you get a presentation of how the locks work and a bit of the history of the Canal. It is very interesting if you've never been to the Canal before.

Hope you get some time to shop. You will enjoy the tour regardless.

Robert

The Carnival Freedom goes to the colon port and we will be there from 7am until 4 pm... it doesn't seem like a lot of time with so much to see...

Thx, Pearl

Hi Pearl,

We were just on the tour you mentioned two weeks ago. We had no time for independent shopping or shopping of any kind. I don't know if there is time scheduled for it or not, but we had none. Could have been due to the fact our tour left late, or lunch took about 45 mins to be served or the traffic in Panama City and Colon. Whatever the cause we had no time at all for shopping.

The tour does stop at the Gatun Locks and you get a presentation of how the locks work and a bit of the history of the Canal. It is very interesting if you've never been to the Canal before.

Hope you get some time to shop. You will enjoy the tour regardless.

Robert

Thank you for the information. Was this excursion fun? Were you on the bus for most of the time?

Thank you soooo much for any information ..... I am leaning toward this tour, because I want to see as much of panama that I can see in the 8 hrs we are there.

thx, pearl

Thank you for the information. Was this excursion fun? Were you on the bus for most of the time?

Thank you soooo much for any information ..... I am leaning toward this tour, because I want to see as much of panama that I can see in the 8 hrs we are there.

thx, pearl

Hi Pearl,

You do spend alot of time on the bus. You do get plenty of walking time as well. I think it is the best excursion for seeing as much of Panama as possible. Driving time between Colon and Panama City is only about an hour, so most of your time is spent touring. You'll get to see some parts of old Panama and some new. I found it very informative. And lunch was good as well. If you do the same as us, you'll get lunch at a place called Adele's. I recommend the beef meal, but you'll have a choice of beef, chicken or a vegetarian dish. Good food, if perhaps a bit slow in service.

Enjoy, Robert

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anybody taken the Panama City Tour Panama City tour? I am wondering if you see the canal and 2 if you have time to shop on your own in panama city? I collect Hard Rock gear and need to make it to the Hard Rock Cafe? Thx, Pearl

We are going on the Panama Canal Tour. I heard this is great and has a high rating

• 5 weeks later...

We just returned from a canal cruise and in Fuerte Amadore we took a private tour with

www.emberatourspanama.com

It turned out that there were only 2 of us so the price was higher but it was well worth it. We did a village tour and then went to the locks. We didn't have a lot of time but the tour guide was very accomodating. If we were to do it again I might ask that he arrange a visit to the construction site. But that is something that they need to set up in advance.

• 1 month later...

My cruise leaves on a Sunday evening at 6 p.m. I arrive in Panama the prior Friday night. I have a full transit of the canal booked with My Friend Mario for Saturday. He told me his driver can let me off in Colon if I wanted.

Now that I've done some research, I think I'd rather spend 2 nights in Panama City, than the 2nd night in Colon. I'd have to book a separate transfer for that. But, I'm thinking there will be enough time for me to do a Panama City tour. Who are the best tour operators for Panama City? it won't be a ship's tour.

Archived